• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Santas Bringing me a new telly.....

digiori

Standard Member
I wondered whether anyone on here could offer any advice or opinion to me as I am about to tell Santa (the missus in this case) which TV I want for xmas.

We bought our first home a year ago and I have been renovating it ever since, finally it is all starting to come together downstairs - the electrics are done, paint is on the walls, the floors just gone down, sofas coming a week on friday and now I just need to decide which TV to buy in readiness for 2 weeks of boredom sat at home over xmas!

I am ideally looking for 40-42" set which will be used for Sky Hd/Sd and playing blurays. The internet functionallity of the set is important to me so I would be looking for something that is capable of having media streamed to it and also that can connect to the internet for iplayer and such like. Not sure on the 3D front?? Is it worth getting one that is at least 3D ready?

My budget is around £1300ish the two sets that I have been drawn too from my initial research have been the Phillips PFL9705 and the Samsung UE40C8000 although after reading the review on here about the latter i am now not so sure. The V20s also look good but I am not sure about plasma

Any and all opinions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom