Sangean Wi-Fi problem WFR-20?"

spilot113

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought a (unopened) Sangean WFR-20 Wi-Fi Radio on Ebay.

After the setup, it worked great! Loved it!

I unplugged it and brought it to another room and found I was too far away from the Wi-Fi signal.

I brought it back to the original room, and when I turned it on, instead of getting the "searching for signal"....I get "Connecting to LAN".

The radio doesn't seem to search for Wi-Fi signals first before it goes looking for the LAN.

I am trying to find out what went wrong. I tried doing the software update...but it still looks for a wired LAN first...instead of the Wi-Fi SIgnals.

Can anyone offer what the problem is? Anyone want to offer their expertise?

Is there a better forum to ask?

I have a feeling Sangean support won't help me if I tell them I bought it on eBay.

Thanks for your help.

RTFM I am afraid - P51 of your manual tells you how to configure the radio to only use a wifi connection.

RTFM I am afraid - P51 of your manual tells you how to configure the radio to only use a wifi connection.

Thanks, but you might imagine that I tried that.

For some reason the menus on the radio, don't match what's in the manual.

For instance, the 3rd menu in the manual lists these options:

Scan for Networks
Enter Network Name
View Config
Edit Config
Wired/Wireless
Signal Warning
<<back

But when I go to that menu on the radio....I only see:

View Config
Edit Config

I don't seem to have a wireless/wired choice.....

Have you tried re-loading the firmware then or a factory reset to see if that brings up the right menus.

This radio appears to be very similar to the Roberts WM201.

Have you tried using the Menu up/down buttons on the remote control to highlight the desired menu function. Then press the 'Select' button on the remote control. See page eight (in the Roberts manual, anyway).

Apologies in advance if this is too obvious.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom