Sandisk Ultra II - 2GB SD Card - £2.50

D

dave5182

Don't know if this has already been posted but you can pick up Sandisk Ultra II 2GB SD Cards from PC World for £2.50 by using their price promise.

PC World list the memory cards for £29.99 instore and online but if you check out www.play.com they have them for £4.99 so just print the page out and take to PC World and the will drop their price down and give you 10% off the difference making the card £2.50.

I have picked up 4 cards altogether with buying a Nikon D40 SLR so this should keep me in SD cards for a good while

Sorry... can not find the card at 4.99 from play.com

I don't get this. I guess I'm being dumb but where does 2.50 come in?

That is 50 percent cheaper than 5.00?

I wonder if it works with bulk buys :D

I don't get this. I guess I'm being dumb but where does 2.50 come in?

That is 50 percent cheaper than 5.00?

I wonder if it works with bulk buys :D

They will match the price that you can get it for plus give you 10% off the difference in price so for example

Amazon - £5
PC World - £30

The price difference is £25 then you get 10% off the difference between the two prices as well which is £2.50 that they knock off the bill then you just pay £2.50.

The most I have bought in one go was three cards and they did not refuse to sell them but when they price promise they sometimes forget to give you 10% of the difference so you have to remind them..lol

10% of the difference between 29.99 and 4.99 if I'm understanding it correctly, so near enough 2.50 in my money.

I suppose it's fine if you happen to be visiting a PC World!

ah damn it! ive just been pc world aswell :( could of done with these!

I had to get some ink for my printer so PC World was on the next estate so just popped over.

My local store has got crafty as their is no cards under the ultra 2 SD shelf but they had hidden one behind the compact flash card so if you dont see any on the shelf where they are suppose to be have a good luck in case they have moved them and if nnot just ask if they have any in stock then get to the till and flash your printout to see their face drop when they have to price match it.

The guy in the shop was sound today as must have been in his 50/60's and was amazed how cheap they are so he was alos going to grab a few. I don't know many people that use the PC World price match promise but I have used it on a few things to save some money as it's better in my pocket

i got the 8gb version of this card for £10 delivered from pc world :smashin:
they have it for £85 inc delivery :eek: play have it for £16.99, or go instore and do it but you will pay an extra 40p :D

i got the 8gb version of this card for £10 delivered from pc world :smashin:
they have it for £85 inc delivery :eek: play have it for £16.99, or go instore and do it but you will pay an extra 40p :D

Well done
Just shows you how overpriced PC World sell their goods for, any problems when doing the price promise over the phone?

What is this price promise, Ive never heard of it. How does it work. Can I use it with any product pc world have. Say ebuyer are selling a laptop for £200 and pcworld have it for £800. Does that mean with price promise I can get it cheaper in pcworld.

yeah basically, and they would make it 10% cheaper in the difference too so in your example,

the difference is £600 - so 10% is £60.

means they would sell it you for £140.

i dont know if they do ebuyer though.

Well done
Just shows you how overpriced PC World sell their goods for, any problems when doing the price promise over the phone?

surprisingly no problems at all, that was the first time i have done it over the phone, normally i like going into the store to see the macho manager cry

here is the full details and retailers of the price promise:

If you find a lower price for the same product and offer, we'll reduce our price by 110% of the difference – even up to 7 days after purchase.

This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store and the UK websites listed below. The competitor must have the item in stock and website prices must include delivery. Single unit purchases only.

To take advantage of our price promise, please telephone our sales team on 0844 561 0000 clearly stating the following details:

1. Your name and delivery postcode
2. The product, price and our product code you are interested in purchasing
3. The name of the Internet site or store offering a better price

Once the price is verified we can process your order immediately over the telephone.

Websites: items sold by Amazon.co.uk*(excluding Amazon Marketplace), Argos, Asda, B&Q, Comet, Dabs*, Ebuyer.com*, Dell, Evesham Technology*, Game, Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Jessops, John Lewis, Maplin, Misco*, Play*, Staples, Tesco, Toys r Us, Virgin, Woolworths

(* Excludes Televisions)

Ok amazon have the panasonic fx500 camera at £204. PC World are selling it for £299.99.

Am I right in saying if I go to pc world and tell them this I will get it for £179.99.

Are you sure about this. I dont mind putting up argument but need to have a valid one.

Ok amazon have the panasonic fx500 camera at £204. PC World are selling it for £299.99.

Am I right in saying if I go to pc world and tell them this I will get it for £179.99.

Are you sure about this. I dont mind putting up argument but need to have a valid one.

As long as it's amazon selling the product and not marketplace as they won't price match the amazon marketplace. If doing it instore make sure you print the amazon page out

My maths are rubbish but PC World would knock their price down to £204 plus they would give you 10% of the difference between £204 & £299.99. I work it out to around £194..50 but could be wrong

i want a 4GB micro SD, will they match that too?

it seems PCWORLD have stopped price matching for online retailers!

it seems PCWORLD have stopped price matching for online retailers!

Indeed :thumbsdow - no online / no multiple buy

Now says

We check our prices against major retailers and websites every day so you can buy with confidence.

If you find a lower price for the same product and offer, we'll reduce our price by 110% of the difference – even up to 7 days after purchase!

This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store.

The product must be identical, in stock and available for immediate home delivery in one of the retailers detailed below - single unit purchases only.

This price promise applies to:
Argos, Comet, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis, Asda, B&Q, Game Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Maplin, Staples, Toys R Us, Zavvi, Woolworths.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom