SanDisk Sansa E280 8GB or Samsung YP-K3 4GB

Hades

Distinguished Member
Well researching MP3 players is nothing more than a nightmare. I have read so many reviews over the past week and been in many shops to see them in the flesh.

I had got it down to the Samsung YP-K3 as its very slim and sleek and the reviews are very positive for it. Was going to buy one of these tomorrow (Sat) and then BANG... the SanDisk E280 came into view. I have read several reviews on the e200 series... and all seem to be very positive on this player.

So was just wondering if anyone in here has either of these players and what their opinions are please.

Don't know if any shops that sell the SanDisk, so it will be from Amazon and a blind buy.

The iPod will not work on my PC and I am not a fan of the Creative Zen after seeing them today.

So any help with the 2 on my short list would be very appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gazza.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I have the Samsung K5 and have had no problems with it. This version is the same as the K3 but includes a speaker function which is the main reason I bought it.

Tbh I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Bought the Samsung K3 today, charging it up at the moment. So no play until tomorrow. Also just got one of those USB mains chargers from eBay.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Good choice - just to let you know you don't need to install the Samsung software. Just make sure you update to WMP11 as that will load the MTP drivers.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Good choice - just to let you know you don't need to install the Samsung software. Just make sure you update to WMP11 as that will load the MTP drivers.
Software from the CD would not install as it did not like Vista. However there is a Vista version of the software on the website.

I have installed it but found WMP11 very easy to install my MP3's onto it :) I am wanting to make some play lists, not sure if you can, but going to look into it anyway.

Gazza.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
If it's anything like the K5, playlists can't be done on the player but has to be set up on your PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom