• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sandisk Extreme or Transcend ?

V1CAR

I will be getting my Sony HX9V in a couple of days. I have been looking for a SD card for it. Because the video is full HD I'll need a fast card.
I have been looking at these...

I'm very close to buying this one...SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card Extreme Video HD 16GB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Or do I go for this one, is it overkill?...SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card (16GB,45Mbps): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Or this one, a bit cheaper but is it as good as sandisk?...Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Cheers.:smashin:

D

Deleted member 27989

I've got a 8Gb and a 32Gb SanDisk Extreme Pro for my D7000, I am Extermely PROfoundly please with them :)

shotokan101

Banned
NO brainer - get the Transcend Class 6 is fast enough for full HD and Class4 will actually work fine so the Transcend Class10 will be fine - I've got one (several) transcend but only one Class 10) and they are all great - always worth checking the latest prices over at 7dayshop.com - Online shopping made easy ! as they often have some great deals on Transcend.

JIm

V1CAR

Cheers for the feed back :smashin: Looking at this Transcend class 10 card 7dayshop.com - Online Store , it says it's up to 20mb/s speed which is the same as Sandisk Extreme class 6 20mb/s card. So does this mean that even though one is class 6 and the other is class 10 they will be pretty much the same? :confused:
Cheers.

the_superflyguy

Standard Member
Cheers for the feed back :smashin: Looking at this Transcend class 10 card 7dayshop.com - Online Store , it says it's up to 20mb/s speed which is the same as Sandisk Extreme class 6 20mb/s card. So does this mean that even though one is class 6 and the other is class 10 they will be pretty much the same? :confused:
Cheers.

Looks like some marketing gumph there - its the sustained transfer rate that will count, not the peak rate.

I gauge my fellow forumites opinions on cards and take it from there.

Transcend cards are usually the better value and havent failed me yet.
However Sandisk are renowned for the integrity of their cards, so the extra outlay may prove worthwhile under more extreme use.

shotokan101

Banned
Looks like some marketing gumph there - its the sustained transfer rate that will count, not the peak rate.

I gauge my fellow forumites opinions on cards and take it from there.

However Sandisk are renowned for the integrity of their cards, so the extra outlay may prove worthwhile under more extreme use.

See here for real AVF members exeriences with various brands/classes :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-photography/1386943-tested-sd-cf-card-speeds.html

Jim

V1CAR

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity Card Extreme Video HD 16GB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

So if it were you, would you pay the extra for the Sandisk?
Also if both were the same price which one would you choose?

shotokan101

Banned

No offense but the second question is pretty pointless - the Sandisk Card is almost twice the price - and the answer to your first question I've already answered - NO ;) - BTW have you actually had a look at how large an electronics Company Transcend are or noticed that the Transcend cards have a Lifetime warranty ?

JIm

V1CAR

shotokan101

Banned
Cheers Jim :smashin: No I haven't looked into Trancend but I am going to now. So this card Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
is enough for everything I need to get the best out of Sony HX9V DSC-HX9V (DSCHX9V, DSCHX9VB.CEH) : Overview : Cameras & camcorders : Sony
Cheers.

Simple answer ? - "Yes" - and if you're not happy with it just contact me and I'll buy it back off you - just post it on the AVF classifieds as a For Sale thread (to keep the mods/admins happy ;)) - really can't say fairer than that ? :thumbsup:

JIm

V1CAR

Simple answer ? - "Yes" - and if you're not happy with it just contact me and I'll buy it back off you - just post it on the AVF classifieds as a For Sale thread (to keep the mods/admins happy ;)) - really can't say fairer than that ? :thumbsup:

JIm

Cheers Jim, I will order one tomorrow and the money I've saved will almost pay for my Lowepro case :smashin:

shotokan101

Banned
Cheers Jim, I will order one tomorrow and the money I've saved will almost pay for my Lowepro case :smashin:

"You Know It Makes Sense" ;) :D

Let me know how you get on with it :thumbsup: - and the offer was serious :cool:

JIm

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom