• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

San Diego Comic Con 2012

Viperj2k

It's started, and a lot of cool stuff is being previewed for the first time.

Thought a new thread for people to post pics of their fave pieces and talk about what interests them would be a good idea.

The statues look great together, what a display!

My top picks so far:

Sauron :thumbsup:

Shaak Ti :love:

More LOTR, Rider looks awsome

Doom! one day......one day

gam

Really looking forward to that Hulk now...... I'm 3 and a nrd into a similar Avengers display but unless I do a bit of major rearranging it might end up over two shelves :(

Shaak Ti looks like another easy buy, which is good after being a bit dissappointed in how Aayla Secura turned out

Sauron could well drag me back to LOTR PF's if I can find or make a space for him :rolleyes:

although I prefer the pose of both of Bowen's and also Koto's versions of Deadpool, he will be another likely purchase for me

and of course the Superman Premium Format too

Bigpig

gwah I would hate to be you statue collectors atm......

So much win coming out that dc line looks class.

Marvel seems ok but that Shaak Ti and Darth Malus is system overload!!!!

I just might! now i say might buy 1 pf or statue to sit on top of my deltolf to finishing the corner display.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Too much there that I want but will never be able to get, Batman, Superman, Shaak Ti, the Star Wars Mythos range looks cool.

Viperj2k

A lot of great and clearer pics about now, some of my faves and hopefully new pre orders soon (if not already) :cool:

Viperj2k

What do you guys think of Sideshows new DC Batman 12 Inch line, it's been mostly Hot Toys lately, anyone liking these?

Bigpig

dude you missed my two favorite bits :p

Not been impressed by hottoys lately and am a fanboi but sideshow is killing it!!! They really have upped their game

Darth Malgus PF

1/6

Last edited:

Viperj2k

Malgus does look good, but I have no connection with the character, what's he from, expanded universe?

Bigpig

Malgus does look good, but I have no connection with the character, what's he from, expanded universe?
aye.
Was the Sith behind the Sacking of Coruscant
He the main badass dude from the game Starwars The Old republic.

Thoses new 1/6 DC lines and pf just look sweet also

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Some awesome pics there Viper thanks for posting :)

I am seriously falling for those Star Wars Mythos pieces...I am SO close to clicking the button on Darth Maul but I'm trying so hard to resist, with the DC Premium Formats at the mo I REALLY can't afford to be starting another line.

The Sideshow 1/6 look ok but I'm done with the whole 1/6 stuff now.
Moving over to PF's & statues only now.
As good as they are I just don't feel the need for more 1/6 in my life.

Neil

gam

Some awesome pics there Viper thanks for posting :)

I am seriously falling for those Star Wars Mythos pieces...I am SO close to clicking the button on Darth Maul but I'm trying so hard to resist, with the DC Premium Formats at the mo I REALLY can't afford to be starting another line.

Neil
Not fussed with the dc 12" figures either and have already limited buying them in favour of statues.......although I do like 1/6 (aswell as bigger and smaller) scale statues :D
and as i've been told size doesn't matter as long as the qualities there ;)

Have now settled with the maquette line for lotr (happy to see a couple of hobitts there) and premium formats for star wars from now on although I do like boba and vader but won't be getting them :(
But for you and the mythos line......... and as was posted on the HT Batam thread..........

Lol don't think...DOOOO EEEET!!!!!

:D:D:D

If I'm going to be broke you're all coming with me!!!! :devil::devil::devil:
What are those gentle giant girls from, have seen a few pics of them now without much info?

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Lol I should have thought that would come back to bite me on the ass ;) lol

I am tempted BADLY the Maul & Vader both just scream absolute quality & look amazing & at about $250 they aren't bad value either.

The Gentle Giant girls are there take on something similar to Sucker Punch, no other inf to hand but they look mighty impressive & another line I'd enjoy picking up but lack of funds just means they will also have to be on the back burner.

Neil

Last edited:

tommyh84

Neil
I'd probably do the same if it weren't for the fact that the likes of Hot Toys cover far more licenses and the likeness of their products is far greater than anything the likes of SSC can produce in statue form.

As for SSC DC 1/6 scale figures on both Batman Joker and Superman they've basically taken the same design as the PF's and made them 1/6 scale, the lack of variety is really disappointing imo. Only good thing to come from the reveal is we now know what the Harley Quinn PF will look like :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom