Samsungs DNIe Technology is ruining my 360/PC image. Please help...

flyinmunky1

Ok i got a Samsung HDTV 32"" R74 series. Looks awsome, hooked it up.....

Now i know the quality in picture from a scart will be poor but on this HDTV i notice little black dots appearing like lines around some Edges. Its really annoying me, is there anything i can do? i never got this on my 27 "" Sasmung HDTV....

Also its the same for my PC and xbox 360...When i play videos and dvds or games i get these black dots on the screen in a line around edges of stuff.When viewing images they all appear to have line streaks made up of little pixels through them :(

Anything i can do to improve this?

flyinmunky1

Its the same on my PC, 360 and SKY tv, if i swithc to my 27"" samsung with same connections it has no problems.

I noticed that some of these lines are moving and some are not. Most images on my PC have lines through them which dont move.

Nielo TM

Novice Member
Judging from those pics, I say there is a definite fault with the TV. If I were you, I would get it replaced immediately.

PS: Have you tried Movie Mode?

Br0ken

Are they always in the same place? Could be a whole serious of dead pixels? Either way, looks faulty to me.

flyinmunky1

Judging from those pics, I say there is a definite fault with the TV. If I were you, I would get it replaced immediately.

PS: Have you tried Movie Mode?
Yeah no difference at all :(.... ive gone through the bookelt and tried all settings no change.

Guess il send it back for refund or replacement. Shame cos it looks a luvly HDTV.

Whats best HDTV for PC,360 (via VGA) and sky sd use? 32"" size?

flyinmunky1

Are they always in the same place? Could be a whole serious of dead pixels? Either way, looks faulty to me.

On the 360 you have ones which move and ones which dont. On the PC they appear on images and dont move. On Sky they appear and dont move. They seem to be easily spotted in light areas, like ppls faces. Or around the edges of objects.

Br0ken

Odd one, can't really suggest anything else sorry.

Going to be difficult to return? buy it online?

flyinmunky1

Odd one, can't really suggest anything else sorry.

Going to be difficult to return? buy it online?
Well i got it from beyondtelevison.com and i have sent them a email explaining. Ive had great customer service from them so far...

Ive said i want it either replaced or i want a refund.

flyinmunky1

Many people have Samsung and they are very pleased with it. Dont let this put you off lol
Yeah its jus i got a bit dissapointed as i hav a 27"" Samsung and its not exactly new range and assumed this R74 series would pretty much be better in all aspects but sadly its not so far :(

Is it me or does game mode jus darken the screen and nothinelse?

flyinmunky1

i just got a R74 series today, im hoping i have a fault with mine other wise dont get one...

think this is a fault or jus the qulaity i shud expect? Images below show some silly pixle lines which move on the screen while im on xbox 360 and they run through images on my PC when browsing. Also SD picture has same problem.

Fault or is that jus wat i shud expect?

flyinmunky1

Ok im not 100% sure this is a faulty HDTV or just the way the HDTV works. At first i thought it must be a fault but ive read that Samsungs have edge enhancments or somthing?

Below is what happens if i run my 360 on it, PC or SKY. Its like its adding extra pixels and lines in images and around the edges!? Its doin my head in, i got a replacement coming in on Tuesday but im afraid wit will be the same.

PC,360 image qulaity is vital to me :(

Any thoughts?

see pictures above. duplicate posts/threads merged

I have a 27"" Samsung and i dont see any of these extra crappy lines/pixels spoiling my image:(

Replace or Refund?

flyinmunky1

Didnt you go through all this on here yesterday?

Yes but im thinking maybe it is the same on all Samsung R7 series.... Ive read Samsungs have Edge enhancement technology and you cant swith it off...

Need to know if this is the problem. If it is il get my money back and get diff brand if not i can jus replace.