Samsung's 110-inch 4K Ultra HD TV - the S9000

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Big enough for you?

Well at least it solved that mystery and although it's not a standard design, it's hardly earth-shatteringly innovative. Still all that matters is, Samsung’s S9 UHD TV is the biggest 4K TV in existence at 110-inches.

Samsung claims the S9, which features their proprietary up-scaling engine, can up-convert HD or Full-HD to UHD-level picture quality, although that sounds like quite a claim.

The S9 also features Precision Black Pro technology, for deep blacks and 'vivacious' (unusual choice of adjective) whites. They say combining this extremely high contrast ratio and Ultimate Dimming control functionality – which utilizes hundreds blocks of LEDs and precise BLU control – allows for sharp resolutions previously unseen on large format displays.

In addition to picture quality, the S9 combines a powerful sound system with a fast quad-core processor. The S9 comes with 3 way 2.2 channels of 120 watt sound for an audio experience 'six times better than a typical TV'.

Attachments

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Is it just me who thinks it looks like a blackboard and would be more at home in a classroom, definite marmite job that

themagician

Standard Member
Is it just me who thinks it looks like a blackboard and would be more at home in a classroom, definite marmite job that
No, no it isn't. That is not a nice design.

I would it hope it could be decoupled for wall mounting.

vaktmestern

Banned
It looks stupid.. :facepalm:

boksbox

themagician said:

Bit of an own goal showing that frame, ugly design.

vaktmestern

Banned
Its a bloody scuare :laugh: jesus samsung fire that designer

Har-One

Its a bloody scuare :laugh: jesus samsung fire that designer
no do not fire the designer, kill the designer to avoid being recruited by somebody else. :rotfl:

arcadeperfect

Standard Member
So, this is the big announcement from the 'Sung eh? Erm... "wow" :(. I don't want to take anything away from the technological feat made with this TV, but from a design perspective its soooooo lacklusture. No design inspiration or creative flair at all, just a clump of scaffolding oops, I mean a "stand" to hold up an awesome screen :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

This is purely an engineering exercise from Samsung, which is all well and good I guess - it just could've looked a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
zAndy1 said:
Its a blackboard alright lol

deon444

Distinguished Member
I think its the worst looking tv i have ever seen.even if i had the money i would not buy it as it.

kingofscotland

Had to double check the date to make sure this wasn't an April Fool, whilst everyone goes for a true edge to edge tv Samsung come out with this???? Speechless

Gadget Freak

Novice Member
I don't think 'hideous' is too strong a word, in fact it may not do that monstrosity full justice!

vaktmestern

Banned
Trying 2 picture what speakers would make this tv look good ... :laugh:getting square imagines atm

boksbox

themagician said:

Not so sure it can be, I've seen a wall mounted view, with the frame, which contains the speakers

boksbox

I got to see the 85" Samsung 4K TV close up at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the Samsung trailer, the TV can be slid up and down within the frame, which contains and speakers and the camera.
It did look good, very good in fact but they'll need a non frame solution to sell to av enthusiasts.

boksbox

A demented deck chair.
The one I saw was wall mounted so couldn't be tilted so it could on be slid up and down much like an old school blackboard, was easy to move with one finger but in the home (cinema) setting why would you need to move it at all?

vaktmestern

Banned
The one I saw was wall mounted so couldn't be tilted so it could on be slid up and down much like an old school blackboard, was easy to move with one finger but in the home (cinema) setting why would you need to move it at all?
To adjust the height of the tv vs ur sitting position :lesson: thats why!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?

Latest News

New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG GX soundbar launches in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky Q updates smart features and adds Disney Plus in HDR
  • By Andy Bassett