Samsung??

Rodgy

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder why so many people are buying Samsung?

When you look through only the last few pages of posts, there's "Samsung....... Problem", "Samsung...... Issue", Samsung.....Fault", Samsung......Failure.

Do so many people only use the forum when things go wrong and not for research before buying?

One of the things you have to remember about a forum like this is that you get a "hardcore" of regulars who visit every day. I don't the figures but imagine that this would be less than 10% of the LCD buying population.

You then get people who visit the forum when they get a fault, get an answer and then are happy to never visit again. Optimistically another 10%?

That leaves 80% of the general populace blissfully unaware of the forums. They are happy to plug in the display and run it in dynamic mode from the first day until the last!

Samsung sell hundreds of thousands of units and the vast majority of people are generally pretty happy with them. This also means though that more people will have problems and hence will seek out the forum for an answer.

HTH

Neil

Simple: Price!

Samsung LCD's are far cheaper than other competitors. A 32"(the most popular size) can be had for £800 compared to nearer £1100 for the sony!

Batch said:
Simple: Price!

Samsung LCD's are far cheaper than other competitors. A 32"(the most popular size) can be had for £800 compared to nearer £1100 for the sony!

Can't agree with that........Panny & Tosh 32's get better reviews and are less then £800. Mostly it's logo lovers that pay the Sony premium.

Actually, I have to disagree with that. You can buy a 32" S series BRAVIA for £800. Not to mention that, the BRAVIA engine is simply world class.

ceenhad said:
One of the things you have to remember about a forum like this is that you get a "hardcore" of regulars who visit every day. I don't the figures but imagine that this would be less than 10% of the LCD buying population.

You then get people who visit the forum when they get a fault, get an answer and then are happy to never visit again. Optimistically another 10%?

That leaves 80% of the general populace blissfully unaware of the forums. They are happy to plug in the display and run it in dynamic mode from the first day until the last!

Samsung sell hundreds of thousands of units and the vast majority of people are generally pretty happy with them. This also means though that more people will have problems and hence will seek out the forum for an answer.

HTH

Neil

You’re absolutely right lol

Rodgy said:
I wonder why so many people are buying Samsung?

When you look through only the last few pages of posts, there's "Samsung....... Problem", "Samsung...... Issue", Samsung.....Fault", Samsung......Failure.

Do so many people only use the forum when things go wrong and not for research before buying?

A lot of the "Problems", "Issues", "Faults" and "Failures" are, indeed, raised by newcomers, bot to the forums and to lcd tv's, and in the majority of cases they are not so much "Problems", "Issues", "Faults" and "Failures" are actually teething problems and are solved by more experienced lcd owners on these forums. Only rarely are owners told that there is an actual problem with their set and to seek a repair/replacement/refund. In fact, real problems with Samsung sets are far fewer than those experienced with a lot of other well known brand models. Even the hallowed Sony Bravia sets have their "Problems", "Issues", "Faults" and "Failures", the "Halo effect" being one of the more infamous ones.

As a seasoned forum member, I do not see these "hit and run" members as a problem, I actually feel quite proud that people feel confident enough to come on these forums and ask a question, in the hope that the community here will be able to set their minds at ease. And long may it continue.

I was going to buy the samsung, Aftyer going on this forum and seeig issue's surrounding these units I'm looking to buy the Panny 32LXD60 rather than the 32R73BD

I think forums like these really help

cliffybabe said:
I was going to buy the samsung, Aftyer going on this forum and seeig issue's surrounding these units I'm looking to buy the Panny 32LXD60 rather than the 32R73BD

I think forums like these really help

An intelligent fella (or gal?).....now that's what I was talking about. That's a TV there's hardly been ANY complaints or problems about or with.

More likely as someone pointed out Samsung / Toshiba shift far more units than most other manufactures because they have hit the magic £800 price point for 32” TV’s, which is what most people will want to spend on a new TV. In other words give the most bang for the buck.

There may well be issues with other manufactures TV's but as there are far fewer users you don't get to hear about them as much, which is not good news if you do hit a problem and need the help of the community to help solve it. At least with the more popular brands like Samsung, Toshiba and Sony you know what the issues are before you buy and won't be in for any nasty surprises later.

Never had a problem with my Samsung..:thumbsup: .I don't think theres a brand out there that's never had a problem..
Volume sales will produce more complaints I guess so Samsung will be the lead product. They were the first to top the million set point by some margin..

Good luck with whatever you purchase..:)

I think Samsung had more of a place in the market last summer when, like people are saying, they were by far cheaper than everyone else.

But now everyone is using system-on-a-chip TVs that I'm assuming cost a lot less to build and the ground's been leveled out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom