1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung yh920//napster software ????:-(

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by skull-eater, Oct 14, 2005.

1. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :confused: :confused: hello iv ejust bought a samsung yh920 and having trouble with with napster software you basically have to load album to napster then to your hdd which takes ages is there a better way or better software compatable please help been at it two days now :confused:

2. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :thumbsup: still trying :suicide:

3. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I also had the Napster YH-920GS and faced all the problems you will probably face. First of all, Napster sucks for a DAP it kept crushing on me. I assume you use a USB2.0 port. I recommend you using Windows Media Player instead. It is faster but it has one problem. Whenever you move an album, the tracks in the album will be played in alphabetical order of the track titles. You can avoid this by going Artist->Album instead of Album from the initial screen. There is also an alternative tool for Samsung's Yepp players but I was never able to use it, it kept bringing errors. http://www.samsung.com/download for more.

I hope this helps a bit. Avoid Napster, use Media Player. Actually probably avoid YH-920GS if possible. Mine broke after 6 months.

4. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ok maty thanks for that reply i will try windows media player

5. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    now the batterys going after about 2hrs can you get these or is no good

6. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ive got about 1500 songs on it does that make a difference and will it eat more power to listen to the radio or mp3's?????????????

7. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably the radio is consuming less power because no mechanical parts (like the hard drive) are involved in the process.

8. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    just doing a test now im leaving it on radio till it stops then songs to compare them songs at 6hrs now.

9. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hello all im back:hiya: :hiya: now considering throwing it in the pond from my window.or ebay lol:rotfl: the things stoped loading songs now does any one know a good way of loading songs not napster or wma they dont see it :mad: thanks

10. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :hiya: :hiya: im back it works it was because i had it plugged into a 4way usb plug plugged it in to a single port and off she went :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

11. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the things I used to do with my 920 was copying the mp3 files at its main folder normally from Windows Explorer and then rebuilding the library through the utilities provided for the player. I am not sure if it worked for .wma though (it has been more than a year since I last used it...) and it took some time to complete the rebuilding.

Just for your information :D