1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Yh 925

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Room237, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Room237

Room237

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i'm new and i'm Italian
    Is anyone here who bought samsung yh 925?
    I'm looking for infos about this player, comparing with sony hd5, iriver h320 and other 20Gb players.
    I'm searching a portable mp3 player that function as a mass storage device without drivers and Linux-Mac compatible.
    I also like that the player can read mp3 dragged&dropped from "my computer" rather than using a software (i.e. SonicStage for Sony hd5)
    Are these only dreams?

2. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the yh925 but the yh920 was a total pain. I would recommend to REALLY investigate how good the software is and if it has small (but always) annoying problems in playlisting and stuff like that. For example, the yh920 was always sorting albums alphabetically by the track name. That was really pissing me off.

Also, Samsung is not really the fastest when it comes to firmware, driver and software updates.

Still, the sound quality of the yh920 was very good (not as good as the NW-HD5H's though), I suppose something similar is true for the yh925.

3. Room237

Room237

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And so?
    I only want that the player is fully functional as a mass storage, like my usb-pen, truly plug&play
    And I also want radio and voice recording functions, and it seems to me that sony hd5 doesn't got them...

4. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then I suppose ut will work as you want it to work. At least the 920 worked in linux as a hard drive. You can also drug and drop, but you will have to rebuild the library using the recover utilities (in Windows only) so that the new files appear to the player's menu.

I hope this helps.