• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Yabazam 3D app

Teflon

Just installed the Yabazam 3d app from the Samsung app store on my Sammy D6530. It doesn't work!

It loads up fine, and I can get a selection of titles, but when playing them, I just get the 2 side by side images. Using the 3d button simply dims the image slightly and activates the glasses, but still 2 side by side images. I've tried selecting a different 3D mode, but that option is disabled when the app is running.

Has anyone else tried this app yet, and did it work?

Cheers,

Cliff

logiciel

It works on mine, and it's the normal format that needs no setting, not SBS that does.

Teflon

Interesting. I'll try uninstalling and re-loading the app.

Curiously, my Youtube app started playing up at the same time - everything is shown with a double image sort of ghosted over the original. I wonder if it could be connected perhaps.

Cliff

Teflon

Hmmm. Youtube is now working fine, so that was just a glitch of some kind.

I've re-installed the Yabazam app, and it still does not work. Interestingly, when playing a Yabazam clip, if I bring up the Samsung menu, the menu itself is also in SBS mode (i.e. the menu is squeezed and shown twice, once on each side of the screen). Pressing the 3D mode button simply darkens or lightens the screen.

All other apps are working fine. Definitely something amiss here.

Cliff

logiciel

Yes - it's one for Samsung support - use the messaging system at your MySamsung account.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom