Question Samsung XXJU6400 and mkv files

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by beato, Oct 4, 2015.

1. beato

beato
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to everyone,
    I've recently bought a Samsung EU40JU6400 (softwareT-HKMDEUC-1214.0) and I am having many troubles having it play mkv files.
    My mkv and avi files are usually on a samsung 2tb drive (ntfs formatted): connecting it to the TV I can basically play every .avi files but some .mkv files result in "unexpected error occurred".
    (the files are ealthy and playable)

If I connect my hard drive to my router (fritz.box 3490 with DLNA server) the same "bad" mkv become playable.
    Except that now every .mkv file is not seekable, I cannot pause,rewind or fast forward.

But it gets weirder: if I share the very same files using my pc/mac I can play everything without any problem.
    But it is really an over-complication: having the drive attached to the router, shared to a pc that runs kodi which in turn shares it with the tv using DLNA.. I'm having headache just thinking about it.

Is anybody else having problems playing mkv files on this TV?
    I'm seriously considering returning it and looking for a more compatible model..

Thank you to every one who is willing to help!

2. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    You need to give more info on formats and codecs; you often find it's 'non-standard' audio that causes an issue.

You can use media info to analyse individual files. You're not likely to find a TV that will play anything so you might be better off with a little dedicated media player or get a Sony TV that runs KODI