samsung x820 on O2?>

andyr300

anyone know when this phone will be available on O2?

D

davethetekkie

It's now on the forthcoming list for the advisors at customer services... you'll be looking at a month I'd estimate... possibly less. The D900 appeared on my list of current handsets yesterday, so the ultra slim samsungs are just about ready to all be out.

andyr300

does that mean i can call now and order one for when they arrive?or should i wait another month?

andyr300

i called again today,still no sign of it.and now they even claim there is no d900 either!

D

davethetekkie

well that's crap if P4U can supply the D900 on O2 and O2 can't...

you won't be able to order an X820 until they are officially released...

andyr300

whens offical release date?ive been on other sites (dialaphone type placeS) that offer it?

D

davethetekkie

No idea... bear in mind that suppliers such as dial-a-phone and P4U often work from a central stock that isn't locked to any specific network. If the manufacturer has released the phone they'll have it. Buying direct from O2 just means you get some POS O2 branding on the software, but external suppliers such as P4U don't generally perform upgrades... they open a new contract and take the comission and get you to concel your old one.

D

davethetekkie

truth be told... I haven;t looked in a few days... I'll check for you on saturday...

This phone has had many bad reviews!!

lockers

I'd also be interested in any news on this phone through O2.

Alternatively, has anyone seen the X820 in black available on 'pay as you go' anywhere?

(O2 will want to charge me a fortune for it if they do do it as an upgrade for me.)

The Carphone Warehouse do it in silver but no sign of it in black. Any sightings/info would be great.

andyr300

its in the window boards of phones4u...but not in store!so cant be too long til a more general release

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Its in Carphone Warehouse @ £149.99 on O2 P&YG as long as you top up £10, and i was told i cant use my old sim in it, proberly a load of crap.

andyr300

i wil try call o2 soon,see if they have it in.its still not on their website.otherwise i will get something else and just buy a x820 elsewhere (or do swaps)

andyr300

hmm,seems maybe o2 arent going to stock this.anyone heard differently?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom