Samsung X30 Home Theatre & Samsung LE32R88

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by triopowell, Sep 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. triopowell

triopowell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Have bought both of these recently and am trying to set these up to work together and also with a standard Sky box.

I seem to have hit a brick wall and would like to know if I'm missing the obvious or not - its all a mystery to me at the moment.

I've done a search and read through pages and pages of previous posts but can;t seem to find anything that answers my question.

At the moment, all I have is SCART leads - which admittidly could be the problem.

The problem is, if everything is connected as I would expect I cannot get Surround Sound from TV and SKY, but if I play a DVD it works fine.

If I unplug one of my scart leads then I can get full surround sound from TV and SKY but no pictures from the DVD just sound.

Connections are as follows:

TV - scartcable1 - SkyBox - scartcable2 - Home Theatre.

TV - Audio Cables - SkyBox

Do I just need to get hold of some HDMI cables to go between the Home Theatre and TV, will this resolve the issue.

Any comments / help would be highly appreicated before all this exits the room via a window.

Thanks.

TrioPowell

2. cuke2u

cuke2u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hi, you could just connect from your Skybox to the X30 using a optical lead, I would also advise using the HDMI output from the Home Theatre as well. This http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587917&page=54 thread maybe of some use to you as well...
    ChrisC