• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung x120 or hp dm1 1101sa

Woolley5

OK it's decision time for me. After a netbook between 350 and 300 for surfing the net, watching videos and the odd office task.

Which out the two above would you recommend and how's your experience been if any.

Is the Samsung worth 30 quid more. YOu do get a case with it but the hp comes with an external dvd

2003bluecat

I've got the HP and I'm very happy with it. I think it's a very capable machine, good screen, decent battery life, well built and also I've found it very comfortable to type on. A fair bit of HP bloatware on in at first though, but that's becoming the norm with most manufacturers.

Looking at the specs I dont think there's going to be much difference, the processor on the samsung is only marginally better but seems the battery life is a bit shorter than the HP.

Also cases are cheaper to buy than an external dvd rewriter :smashin:

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
I don't think the battery on the samsung has gotten much in the way of positive feedback. From what I've read it's a bit of a weak point with comments on amazon talking about 2 hrs (and less).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom