1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Ws32Z308P or Panasonic TX32PM12?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by 2kool, Aug 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 2kool

2kool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I was just seeking your advice. I am in the process of buying a new TV and have seen the samsung WS32Z308P 32 inch HDTV ready TV and the Panasonic TX32PM12 TV. I have read on these forums the samsung TV suffers from Geometry problems (could you help and explain what that actually mean as I have no idea - Im new to TVs). In addition I love the size of the samsung set but if it has problems I wont buy it. My budget is around £500 and I m ideally seeking a 32 inch widescreen TV.

I have also seen the Panasonic TX32PM12 at a friends house and I love the picture. Does anyone know of a review if so could you post a link or provide some feedback.

Basically I'm looking for a recommendation as to which TV to get - and if any of you know of any alternative models to get please post a response.

Many Thanks for your help.

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you like the Pana's picture quality, buy it. There's no substitute for seeing a picture yourself because other people's recommendations will be based on their taste rather than yours.

The Samsung in only a few cm less deep than the Pana, and definitely not 'super-slim' as the makers claim. The geometry issues basically mean that the picture is more wonky and distorted than other CRTs the same size. You'll notice this most when things that should be straight and linear appear on the screen.