1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung WS32Z308P - need advice on cable set-up

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by glengates, Jun 30, 2005.

1. glengates

glengates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    This may sound like a silly question but better asking you experts rather that Currys!

Just ordered the Samsung WS32Z308P, being delivered in the next week. Needing to buy some new scarts etc as 1st time Ive had a 32" screen and want the best pic quality possible.

What would be the best way to link my stuff up with
    The TV has 1 RGB Scart & 1 AV Scart, Progressive component inputs, s-video and composite

I have a samsung dvd (v old model- its huge!!) and it only has a scart, s-video and stereo audio outputs (has optical but dont have de-coder) The set-up on DVD menu lets me switch between scart options ie RGB, Video & S-Video outputs.

To top this off, I have a PS2 and Freeview box (Nokia 121T Mediamaster)

I would probably use the DVD & Freeview more that PS2.
    Can anyone suggest which would be the best way to hook everything up????? :eek: Want to buy the leads once I know whats the best way to do this.

Cheers folks

2. apguy15

apguy15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing you need to do is connect the DVD player to your TV (RGB Scart) using a fully wired scart lead, this way you will get the best quality picture you can, make sure you set the DVD output to RGB.

You can then connect the freview box using another scart lead, to the second scart socket on the TV.

You can connect your PS2 to the AV inputs on your TV or split the scart connection on the back and use a switch box.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    glengates

Connect the SCART RGB Output of your DVD to the SCART RGB Input of the Nokia Digibox.

Connect the SCART RGB Output of the Nokia Digibox to the SCART RGB Input of the TV.

When you want to view the Digibox have it On - when you want to view a DVD put the Digibox into Standby; this way both sources are viewed as RGB (assuming you set both sources to Output RGB!).

With the PS2 I'd get an upgrade cable set to enable YUV Component Out and plug that straight to the TV's YUV Component Inputs - along with a Twin Phono (2RCA to 2RCA) audio cable (usually supplied with the PS2 upgrade kit).

Best regards

Joe