1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung WS32V54N NTSC Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Marty McFly, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

I recently upgraded my old JMB (rubbish btw) to a brand new Samsung 32 inch Widescreen and I'm pretty happy with the quality of picture and easy setup etc.

However I have noticed that when I play NTSC movies through the RGB socket I get horizontal banding in various scenes and a flicker in the bottom right corner. :(

The DVD player in question is the dreaded Pioneer range which is known to cause similar problems on Panasonic TV sets but I've heard nothing about it doing this on Samsung TVs.

I managed to borrow an Hitachi DVD player from my parents and tested the TV with this played with Quasi Pal switched off to give full NTSC playback. The screen does not flicker and the picture is perfect. Not contempt with this I then borrowed a Philips DVD 711 from a friend and the flicker was evident again.

Any ideas on how to eliminate this?

PS: I bought a video stableizer from Lektropacks for £65 and that didn't do the trick, it still flickers like crazy on American movies and is VERY annoying.

2. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I guess I'm on my own with this problem then?