1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung WS28MO64NS Poor Picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mobybrick, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Mobybrick

Mobybrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I purchased a new one of these sets about a year ago. However, after viewing it a bit after several months it became apparent that the picture suffered from streaks or ghosting from any bright objects on screen.

During the warranty period the shop have arranged for it to be fixed once, but upon delivery the fault is still there. The repairers claim to have replaced the tube.

However, from reading the reviews of the set on http://www.avreviews.com/index.php, it seems that "streaking echos from particularly bright points" and "bright spots in an otherwise dark picture tend to throw a horizontal smear across the screen"

Waaaa! What should I do now? What can I do?

Any ideas appreciated :lease:

P.S. The set is currently back with the nominated repairers for the store, who now claim that the "picture is perfect" upon them receiving the set back. Except that the loan unit they have supplied is the same make/model and has the same irritating flaw. I know its not the most expensive set in the world, but this does seem a bit of an incredible design flaw!! :thumbsdow