1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung WS-28M64NS Contrast Flickering

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jusher, Mar 16, 2004.

1. jusher

jusher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I've had a Samsung WS-28M64NS for a few months now and there seems to be a problem that is really getting on my nerves.

The picture is very sharp, colours are good and generally the overal quality is as good as I would like, however, in certain areas of the picture at certain times the contrast appears not to be able to hold itself and the area starts "flickering".

It's like the area of the picture affected is having the contrast going up and and down. Sometimes it's only small area, sometimes large, mainly when there are dark areas, which then flicker between lighter and darker contrast settings, or when there is a lot of the same colour in one area.

Not sure if I'm explaining this very well but hope you get my drift. I;ve tried all the picture settings, contrast settings etc etc and still no luck.

Any ideas ????

Regards

Jeff

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff

My last Tosh RP did this. Every now and then the picture would "flash" almost like somone was turnnig the brightness up and down very quickly. I had an engineer out twice who tried a few things including soldering anything that looked dodgy. However nothing worked and the set had to be exchanged

hth
    shaun:(