Samsung Warranties - Standard or Extended - Hit or Miss?

woah_toughguy

Hey

I may be able to take advantage of a deep discount on Samsung TVs and pick up an Q80T.

My concern tho is that by buying direct from Samsung, I'd end up with a really bad warranty. Their website is vague about what it covers, and when I check their '5 Year Warranty' link, it only seems to apply to fridges etc

Anyone have experience of Samsung warranties and got any good or bad stories?

Could I buy a warranty 3rd party?

thanks

keithwiggins

There normal tv warranties are usually 12 mnths. most retailers though seem to offer them with 5 year extended warranties usually via 3 rd party insurance warranty companies.
when samsung them selves want to shift a line they generally increase the warranty to 5 years, i had cause to make a claim on one of the latter several years ago re a faulty screen, they dont repair them simply swop them out for an equivalent model.

woah_toughguy

There normal tv warranties are usually 12 mnths. most retailers though seem to offer them with 5 year extended warranties usually via 3 rd party insurance warranty companies.
when samsung them selves want to shift a line they generally increase the warranty to 5 years, i had cause to make a claim on one of the latter several years ago re a faulty screen, they dont repair them simply swop them out for an equivalent model.

Thanks Keith. If I go the Samsung route I might be best off leaving it for a while until the range 'ages' a bit and they offer 5 years

keithwiggins

Thanks Keith. If I go the Samsung route I might be best off leaving it for a while until the range 'ages' a bit and they offer 5 years
Each year they bring out new models, then these are heavily discounted months later ( usually a discount with ext warranty) . the differences in each passing year seem to be marginal , i bought my q70r in april at half of launch price with 5 year warranty, so highly recommend thats the direction to go in.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom