1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Vpd93

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by WelshBoa, Oct 3, 2003.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a camcorder in the £350-450 price range and after trawling through Comet & Curry's this was the one they seemed to recommend within that price range.

It's only really gonna be used to film the kids etc but I do want the facility to transfer data to my PC which I believe this can do with firewire (is it?!) and a card.

I fancied a Sony that was there and priced £375 but the guy more or less said it wasn't that great a camera and used different sized tapes etc.

Is this Samsung any good? Couldn't find any reviews or Threads on it with the search engine on here.

Thanks guys

2. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, I wouldn't buy from any retail outlet. Buy over the Net, you will get much better prices. The Samsung camcorders get mixed reviews throughout the media and on the Net and so I would personally be a bit wary. This is especially the case when you can pick up the very capable Sony TRV22 from PRC Direct for around £470. I think that has to be one worthy of serious consideration. I did a quick check in Prc's database to see what other camcorders were available for that price range and found a couple that I would perhaps short list.

Take a look at their reviews and decide for yourself:

Canon MV600i
    JVC GR-D70

3. WelshBoa

WelshBoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks for that advice. I shall peruse the reviews and make a decision!

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Any digital camcorder can be connected to a PC via firewire. A PCI card can be plugged in to the PC to add this port. These cards can be bought for under £20 from ebuyer etc.
    In addition to the firewire card you will need to be running Windows 98SE or later, have plenty of disk space (4 minutes of captured footeage per Gb of space :eek: ) and some editing/capture software.
    If you have Win XP then that has MS Movie Maker. Update via a free download from the MS web site to MM2. Otherwise when you buy the firewire card get some software bundled with it for only around £10 extra. The card will also include a 6 pin to 4 pin DV cable to connect the camcorder to the firewire card.

If you need any more help or advise on editing then feel free to ask.

Good luck,
    Mark.