Samsung Vpd270i + Vpd230

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Richs, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Richs

Richs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to probably go and buy the Samsung VPD270I. Is this a good camcorder from a quality point of view? A friend of mine thinks Samsung are extremely tacky, is this true where cams are concerned? To me, for just under £400, it seems like a good deal with many feature, but will it "stand up" so to speak? How does it compare to other companies on the market? The cam also has IEEE 1394 In / Out, is this the same thing as DV In/out?

Regards,

Rich Stephens

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    Firewire > DV > ieee1394 > iLink are all names used by different companies etc for exactly the same thing :rolleyes: just to make our lives that little bit easier :nono:

The best way to find out if the quality of the cam you mention is any good is to get hold of a couple of mags with reviews and/or get to a shop and have a play.

Mark.

3. Richs

Richs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking around for reviews etc and can't find any. I rang up a camera shop near to where I live and he said he doesn't stock it as he doesn't think Samsung have quality where camcorders are concerned. Therefore I'm taking his advice and looking at Panasonics. I'm quite interested in the Panasonic NVGS15 but he says it might be getting out of date, is this true? It seems a quality cam for the price, and some nice features and good optical zoom. What are your thoughts? I am going to try and find a place with them in stock to try out, but I was just wondering what you guys think first. Also, the specification says the focal length is 2.1 - 50.4mm ......is this bad? I know from watching the Gadget Show last week that you idealy want the lowest possible, is this badly high?
    Thanks a lot for any help you can give
    Rich