1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung VP-D87Di Drivers

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by honka, Aug 30, 2005.

1. honka

honka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help?

I have just moved home and seem to have misplaced my driver CD for the above camcorder and need to try and get the firewire working, but not having the CD is causing me a problem. Does anyone know where I can get the drivers please.

Thanks

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Honka,

AFAIK if you are running XP the drivers should already be there.

3. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    klr10 is correct. If connecting a camcorder to a PC via firewire (which is the only way you should do it!) then you don't need any drivers. Since Windows 98se all the required drivers have been part of the OS.
    USB, which does require the drivers, is only any good for transfer of still images or webcam type quality video.

Mark.

5. honka

honka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response people, I have managed to find the disk that came with the camera and loaded the software. But no software seems to beable to see the camera when I plug it in on firewire. The only thing that I can think of is that the cable is duff. It was only a cheep cable so I think I might have to invest in a better quality cable. Unless anyone has any other ideas??

Thanks

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    I've lost count of the number of connection problems on camcorders that have been down to dodgy firewire cables. In most cases replaceing a cable has resolved the problems, even if the origional cable was new and not visably damaged.
    Another common fault is useing the firewire port on a soundcard. Get a dedicate firewire card and this should help, and it is normally supplied with another cable.

Oh and must mention that firewire only works with Windows 98se or later. If you have 95 or standard 98 you really need to update to a newer version of Windows.

Mark.

7. honka

honka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for you help with this guys, I'm sure I will get there sooner or later. I'am running Windows XP and have install a firewire/usb2 card so it looks like I will be buying another cable. Any recommedations?

8. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Yes - Don't spend more than £10 :D
    Seriously though there is no point in a high cost branded cable as it will offer no advantages with connecting your camcorder. Also keep it to a max length of 1.8m

Mark.

9. bolek

bolek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got big problem with install dvc media 4.0.I see a info "cant open camera device". I installed samsung usb driver and everything was ok. Maybe someone know how to install this bloody dvc media !?
    :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: