1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung VP - D87 from PC to Video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by magiles, May 19, 2004.

1. magiles

magiles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I get my edited film back on to video.

My camcorder does not have a DV IN but I think you can buy an interface to record it back onto your camcorder from your PC and then onto video.

does anyone know what its called and where I can get one and what price it might be

Cheers

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    These DV-in enablers (sometimes known as 'widgets') are getting more difficault to get as it is getting near impossible to enable the DV inputs on most modern camcorders. It all depends on the make & model of your camcorder as to weather it is possible or not. Let us know the make & model and we will try to find out for you.

If not then your only other option will be to add a card to the PC that has a TV output.

Mark.

3. magiles

magiles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a Samsung VP-D87i
    Another way is to buy a DVD Burner I suspect

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I have done a quick internmet search for "DV-in enable" and got back loads of sites that list models that can be enabled, but I did not see your cam listed on any of the ones I checked (about 10). I would therefore think that you are unlucky and your cam can not be enabled. As I said before this is not unusual for newer cam models as the EU are fighting back with heavy fines for makers of cams that can be easily modified.

It looks like you will either need to get a PC DVD burner or a card with TV out!

Mark.