samsung vm-hmx20c file assistance

dhehir

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

I am a complete noob in regards to video file formats, I have my sony hard drive video camera, chuck the files in to sony vegas click a few buttons and can produce something fairly decent. Now because of this, my father seems to think I am a wizard with these types of things and has tasked me to sought out the following issue.

While on holiday to the US (im in UK by the way), he purchased a samsung vm-hmx20c HD camcorder. The files from this are listed "HDV_001 (VLC media file .mp4)" I am trying to make a simple DVD using the software that came with the camera (sorry I forgot what this was called) but each time I try the results when placed in the DVD player have lines across the screen when the camera is in motion (like it's not refreshing fast enough or something? sorry I'm not very technical).

I have tried a few conversion software packages to try and create AVI's or something I can work with but it's just not happening (all open source or trial versions as have no money to spend on this)...

Could it be something to do with the standard (i.e NTSE converting to PAL), I don't know as you can clearly tell, I have no clue what i'm talking about...

So in short if anyone has had similar issues or can recommend software to get these files converted and on to a normal region 2 (is that UK?) DVD I would greatly appreciate it and while I say I have no money to throw at this may dad does so any recommendations open source or closed I can give them a try...

Sorry if this makes no sense and again thanks for you time.

DCH

If it helps, the recordings where indeed recorded in NTSC, this has been rectified for future use but would still really like some assistance converting these files already recorded in NTSC... Thanks for looking

All sorted now, just in case anyone out there is as dumb as myself and my pops, the resolution was thus:

I simply changed the editing software to NTSC, edited as per and burnt to DVD, this seems to work perfectly fine on all DVD's i've tried it on thus far...

DCH

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom