Samsung VixLim CRT the depth of Plasma'ish

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pragmatic, Nov 11, 2004.

1. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
  2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is very interesting indeed. If they get down to just 20cm that is some achievement. And 1080 lines too!!!

I understood Philips were working on something similar to Vixlim but there seems to be no info about it...maybe they couldn't do it?

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    They probably build the prototype so shoddily that it fell apart when they were presenting it to the big wigs so it got scraped, either that or they are focusing on their horrendous flat screens (plasma and LCD) because god knows they need to.

4. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Philips have a long and illustrious pedigree with CRT. Yes, like all companies they have their moments, but over the years they have produced some pretty good and reliable tubes. As far as their flat panel stuff goes I haven't really looked to be honest so I can't comment, but I think your comment is a little ill informed.

5. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    I have seen many plasmas and LCDs as my housemate works in a department store as a A/V salesman. With side to side comparisions it is quite obvious that their flat panel technology is behind that of their competetors although only panasonic and pioneer seem to make decent sceens that come anywhere near that of a crt.

I do take your point about there CRT's though, they do make decent set. My jab at thier build quality still stands though, as they seem to build things to last only one or two upgrade cycles, lately.