Samsung v plus box what amp

hearmon

Need a bit of a heads up Guys if possible story is v plus box
Broke and replaced with Samsung box engineer told me different outputs on Samsung box
Compared to old box so basically I will need a new amp to run my system. system consists of blue ray
Player [email protected] m1 speakers bkxls 200 mk2 subwoofer so just wondering what sort of amp I will need to run
All of this(current amp being used is teac ah300 so quite old time for a new one me thinks)any help much
Appreciated

dante01

Distinguished Member
Any AV receiver with an HDMI or optical audio input will suffice. Those with HDMI will also deal with video switching and the V+ box's video as well as audio signal would be conveyed to the receiver via HDMI. The receiver would then passthrough the video from the receiver to a TV, again via HDMI. This option is only practical if your TV has an HDMI input?

What kind of a budget do you have for the AV receiver? Is there anything else that you are expecting from it? Do you have other sources that may also benefit from the AV receiver?

hearmon

Budget is open ended really but for what I use it for(music occasssionally) I wouldn't want to spend
Bundles.I would be quite happy to go down the decent secondhand route if there's anything you think would be suitable?

dante01

Distinguished Member
I've no idea what is available to you in the classifieds, but can suggest new receivers that meet you budget requirements if you give a budget to work with?

hearmon

I was thinking around the 300 to 400 pounds mark someone
Was saying the denon n5 is quite good ?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The Denon CEOL Piccolo DRA-N5 isn't actually an AV receiver, it’s a network receiver designed to play music from a wide range of network sources including AirPlay, PCs, iPod, USB drives, internet radio, as well as streaming tunes from Spotify and Last.fm. This wouldn't facilitate you with video switching or the HDMI connections associated withe an AV receiver although it does include a single S/PDIF digital optical audio input. The CEOL would also be limited to 2 channel stereo and has no ability to handle Dolby Digital encoded audio.

hearmon

OK thanks for that Dante I quite like the idea of a small unit like the denon
For where it will have to live!it would fit in well.are there any receivers that you
Could reccommend that are on the compact side that would suit my needs?

hearmon

Dante I'm really grateful for all your help the Yamaha looks the
Ideal depth(which is the main stumbling block)would you just confirm
That it would be suitable for my set up.(I'll leave you in peace then)
Once again thanks for all your help

dante01

Distinguished Member
Yep, any of the receiver I listed would enable you to connect you V+ box via a single HDMI connection. The receiver would then be connected to your TV via its HDMI output. The V+ would output both audio and video digitally to the receiver via HDMI and the receiver would output the video to your TV while also processing and amplifying the associated audio. You'd obviously need to add speaker to any of the receivers. All the receivers can also facilitate you with multichannel surround sound if you should want it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom