Samsung V+ Box Saying It Is Full When It's Not ???

aiboman

Established Member
Reaction score
My V+ Samsung box over the last few days has been telling me that there is no recording space left and to delete some recordings and yes when I look at how many hours I have left its saying it is critical

Now its just happened again and I know for a fact there was 26 hours left about an hour ago and after I have just got the critcial message again I checked and it was full ?????? so I deleted one 20 min program and now I am back to my 26 hours free again

anybody have any idea as to what might be going on ? or is my box up the duff?

Sounds like your box is playing silly buggers !

You can re format the hard drive but be warned this will delete everything.

Instructions below:

1. Wait for the PVR to display, normal pictures.
2. Press the HOME button on the Remote control,
3. The Home page should be displayed,
4. The Following buttons MUST be pressed in quick succession.
5. Hold down the Play/Pause button for 5 sec, until the front panel displays , E-00.
6. Press TVDRIVE button immediately, the front panel should display E-01.
7. Press the CH-, 4 times, in successions, the following will be seen on the Front Panel

hdd1,hdd2,hdd3,hdd4, rF-t

This must be done in quick succession.

If the front panel displays quit, stop etc or other message, please re-boot and repeat the procedure again.

If the PVR stops responding as soon as the PVR goes to TVDRIVE, than the commands above can be implemented as soon as the pictures are visible on the TV, but well before the Live TV light comes on.

Thats the V+ button below the play pause button

Hi

Well I formatted the HDD a few days ago now and so far so good :thumbsup: it seems to be behaving itself now

Thankyou very much for you help

Had same problem and have followed your instructions, to format HDD. Hopefully all fixed now - will let you know. Thanks very much.

I have same problem - I assumed it was saving some hours for the live TV pausing - am I wrong? If you reformat and have 80 hours worth, can you still pause live TV?

I've got this problem as well but really don't want to lose my recordings :( Guess I'll have to put up with it. Mine goes from around 30 hours to critical on one SD recording :(

Newbie here so not sure if this is correct place to ask this.

Due to have v+ installed on Saturday (10th April) and, after reading what has been said above, I was wondering if it would be worth me formatting the box before I set any recordings etc?

I have same problem - I assumed it was saving some hours for the live TV pausing - am I wrong? If you reformat and have 80 hours worth, can you still pause live TV?

I had this last week, a reboot of the box and problem has gone away.

Just an update on mine

The format worked for a couple of weeks but then the box started doing the same tricks so I had to get Virgin in to have a look and they just changed the box and all seems fine now

I had this issue a few months ago and it persisted for a couple of weeks. I called support and I was told that it was not a fault with the box but at the switch, and that it would be resolved soon. I didn't believe that then and I don't now, especially as I have another V+HD that has not had any problems. Anyway, this started happening again last week, and I was told the same thing by support. I did a search and found that a format might sort things out. Since the format, I've had no more issues.

We had an engineer out the other day though (for an internet issue), and I quizzed him on this critical problem. His opinion was that if the box is used a lot for recording then the disk becomes fragmented leading to the problem we're all having. I'm more inclined to believe this as the box with the problem has quite a lot of series links and probably records 5 or 6 programs a night.

If 'excessive' use is the cause, then I have to say I'm not impressed, especially if the only cure is a format every few months.

Every one I know with V+ has started having the problems mentioned above.
Sounds to me like a conspiracy to push out the new Tivo box.

I had this issue a few months ago and it persisted for a couple of weeks. I called support and I was told that it was not a fault with the box but at the switch, and that it would be resolved soon. I didn't believe that then and I don't now, especially as I have another V+HD that has not had any problems. Anyway, this started happening again last week, and I was told the same thing by support. I did a search and found that a format might sort things out. Since the format, I've had no more issues.

We had an engineer out the other day though (for an internet issue), and I quizzed him on this critical problem. His opinion was that if the box is used a lot for recording then the disk becomes fragmented leading to the problem we're all having. I'm more inclined to believe this as the box with the problem has quite a lot of series links and probably records 5 or 6 programs a night.

If 'excessive' use is the cause, then I have to say I'm not impressed, especially if the only cure is a format every few months.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom