Samsung USB record

Nelmo

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung TV (U6560 or something like that) with a few USB ports. I wanted to record normal TV to a USB pen/flash drive.

I plugged in a 64Gb pen (I think it was only USB 2.0), the TV formatted it ok but then did a performance test and said it had failed that test and thus it won't record anything to it. I've since seen other threads (years old) that say they were able to record to a USB pen, so it can't be that USB 3.0 would make a difference.

Does anyone successfully record to a USB pen? Would a USB HDD be better or would that even work?

Any comments gratefully received ;)

I have a Samsung TV (U6560 or something like that)

Different models have different facilities so you've got to be accurate with the model no.
Give the whole model no taken from the label on the back.

I have the same issue with my UE40ES55

Formats but then fails performance test. So pathetically fussy, I've tried 3 sticks without success. Don't mind buying another, but would much rather use a pen drive as opposed to a hard drive (as other posts have suggested)

Hi

USB memory sticks I'm pretty sure aren't supported, if they work it's just good luck and even then may be unreliable.

For recording only a hard-disk is the supported method, which makes sense as USB memory sticks are very inconsistent with reading and writing rates, and will become slower the more they are used as recordings are made then deleted.

Regards

Phil

Hi
I have used Samsung’s own Hard Drive designed for 2014/2015 models but works perfectly with my 2017 model TV.
Except will not play the prerecorded films supplied on it
Simply delete those on a windows pc and reclaim disk space.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom