Samsung UN55MU8000 with Sony HT-CT370 using ARC

ZmanMU

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently, I purchased a Samsung UN55MU8000. (Wanted the KS8000 but, ya know. :/ )

Anyways, brought it home, hooked it up, pretty pleased. Hooked up the Sony HT-CT370 sound bar I have been using via ARC on two previous TVs (Hisense 43H7C and an older Samsung 55 inch 1080p model). Worked fine on previous TVs. Hooked it up to the Samsung, and after some initial fiddling the TV recognized it via ARC no problem. The trouble started when I turned the TV on again the next morning.

The device showed up, powered on, got no sound. Switched from TV speakers back to ARC, showed like it was fine but still no sound. To get it to work, I had to reset Anynet+ (Samsung's branding of HDMI-CEC) and then cycle audio devices again.

I took the TV back to Best Buy, got a replacement, brought it home, did the same thing. Hooked it back up to my Hisense, worked fine. So, the sound bar is itself seems to be functioning "properly." Is there some sort of incompatibility here I don't know about? And before anyone asks:

I am using the ARC port, and I have switched HDMI cables multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom