• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UN55B8000 vs Pioneer KRP-500/600

guinness1024

Standard Member
I'm looking at buying one of the new 55" Samsung LED (ser8) or the Pioneer KRP 500 or 600

I've read many reviews on the KRP and i'm sold ... just about to buy one and this new LED comes out.

can anyone tell me which is better?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Depends how long you want to wait.

I've just got the 40" 8 series and it is superb, but I have seen no evidence that a 55" is actually coming out. It's for sale in the US, but nowhere in the UK is a 55" even mentioned, let alone on any websites for pre order.

The Pioneer KRP are very highly regarded, so I wouldn't have thought you could go wrong from choosing either.

Are the KRPs available now? If so, maybe that's the one to go for as it might be a few months for the 55" Samsung 8 series comes out.

EDIT: Also if it means anything I have just registered my purchase on the Samsung site and in the LED dropdown box of their models, they have the 40 and 46" 8 series, but 55" is not mentioned at all. Only in the 7 series is the 55" listed.

Last edited:

guinness1024

Standard Member
as you say, i've only seen it in the US, but I'd like to think it's only a matter of time before it comes to the UK.

If I'm going to pay a large amount of cash for such a TV, I don't mind waiting a little while. Say 2009 (at some point)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom