Quantcast

Samsung UN32H5500AFXZA Picture Issue.

onalandline

Novice Member
Hello! My 2014 Samsung UN32H5500ASXZA suddendly seemed to have lost its picture. The TV has power, turns on, displays "Smart TV", then goes blank. There is a glow to the screen. I have tried a couple Samsung remotes on the TV, and all the buttons will make the IR red light flash, so there is a signal getting to the TV from the remotes. I have unplugged the TV and all peripherals, plugged them back in, and turned the TV on. Same thing happens. Any help to resolve this problem will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Get it checked by a professional TV repairman.
Servicing TV's can't be taught by a few posts on a forum like this.

onalandline

Novice Member
Get it checked by a professional TV repairman.
Servicing TV's can't be taught by a few posts on a forum like this.
Thank you for the honest reply. I'm just trying to do this myself. I have some skills, but figured this forum would have plenty of knowledgeable folks that could help me out. If I call a repairman, I think I will wind up paying more than a new TV would cost. I'm just trying to save this one if I can.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You said your TV has lost it's picture, what about the sound?
The fault could be caused by a variety of things, the power board, main board, a short or open LED in the backlight etc, any of these things can cause those symptoms.

onalandline

Novice Member
I plug the TV in, and some lights turn on inside on the power and main board. I push the remote power button or the joystick power button on the back, and the TV back-lighting turns on, and "Smart TV" appears on the screen, then goes away. The back-lighting (screen glowing) remains on. No picture or menu appears. I can press any button on the remote, and the IR red light flashes for each push of a button, so I know the remote is communicating with the TV. The buttons do not do anything else. No picture, and no sound. The only way to turn off the TV, is to unplug it.