Samsung UExxJU7000 owners thread

mekon

On two occasions recently I have experienced the following annoying problem:
On switching the set on from standby I find that all the Freesat channels are missing and I am requested to perform a retune which then brings everything back.
I am having no such problems with the Humax box which is fed from the same dish.
I have not made any recent changes to any equipment.
Any thoughts?

coolbreeze84

Standard Member
Also thinking of upgrading from my 65” JU7000

Just curious anyone that has upgraded what’s set have you gone for QLED or OLED

I upgraded nearly 3 years ago to 2018s Q7FN QLED. We got lots of enjoyment out of our JU7000 so much so we didn't want to part with it so we wall mounted it in our guest bedroom.

goonmit

Novice Member
On two occasions recently I have experienced the following annoying problem:
On switching the set on from standby I find that all the Freesat channels are missing and I am requested to perform a retune which then brings everything back.
I am having no such problems with the Humax box which is fed from the same dish.
I have not made any recent changes to any equipment.
Any thoughts?

If you haven't already thought of and tested this one, the less drastic option and oft a quick fix for weird behaviour is to simply turn it off, and unplug it for a while. Sometimes things get corrupted (in RAM) and it can't be fixed without wiping said RAM - sometimes just turning the thing off and leaving it in standby doesn't fix this - especially if you've got that instant on/fast start up thing turned on since the RAM stays powered and it deliberately keeps data in memory so it turns on 'quicker'. It's like a PC's sleep feature. So pulling the plug and leaving it unplugged for a while (a few minutes should do it) may be the simple fix you need.

The drastic option if that doesn't work is to do try a factory reset. I mean a proper factory reset too, via the service menu. Turn TV off (just off via remote, don't unplug it like before) and wait a few seconds then using the remote (the regular remote since the 'smart' remote hasn't got right the buttons) press in succession info, menu, mute, power. TV will turn on and after a few seconds the service menu appears. I can't remember where the option is, it might just be right there in front of you in the first menu or it's in one of the sub menus but there's an option for factory reset. You selected it, confirm and the tv turns off and bang, it's done. This completely wipes everything, all settings, all customisations, smart hub, everything. It nukes the whole TV and restores it back to firmware defat values so beware of that before you do this as if you've for instance had it calibrated or you've got it set up just the way you like, all that's going to be flushed down the bog.

Sometimes it's the only way to fix serious issues though. I had a problem with the TV after a firmware update years ago once where it started acting werid and not remember settings, factory reset was the only thing that cured it. But I've had problems where just unplugging it for a while cured it too so, keep your fingers crossed and try that one first.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom