Samsung UExxD8000 Owners Thread *Part 7*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my new D800055 replacement from Simply Electricals, they are waiting til there is more people in Scotland needing deliveries so they can make a round trip, least I know its coming!

Was just about to commit to UE55D8000 LED HD, after reading so much bad feedback on the LG 55 980T.......Its a mine field having now read this thread as well there seem to be just as many issues with the Samsung:rolleyes:
Maybe I should just stick with the old CRT..descisions??
Any suggestions or feedback gratefully absorbed;)

CRT is only good if your not watching HD though, I think im right in saying that. the picture of the D8000 is absolutly amazing its just the light bleed issues which let it down, im hoping my new tv will resolve this but im living in fear haha!

CRT is only good if your not watching HD though, I think im right in saying that. the picture of the D8000 is absolutly amazing its just the light bleed issues which let it down, im hoping my new tv will resolve this but im living in fear haha!

Thanks Iain, so your going for the D8000? I also looked at the 60D8000 its over twice the price:facepalm:

I got my original D800055 in March apparantly one of the first to get it go me!, the 60" was released at a later date the 55 is big enough anyway tbh! haha paying double for 5 more " is madness
attachment.php

Half price 60 inch coming soon then lol :) wouldn't be surprised too see a big drop after the ces next week

Aye probably, then everyone wants the next best thing haha, cant keep up with these tv companies the new LG looks stunning though!

Iain Craig said:
Aye probably, then everyone wants the next best thing haha, cant keep up with these tv companies the new LG looks stunning though!

Where did you see that

Those birds are South American:laugh:

OLED OMG WTFN;)

Asian American whatever you cant tell from a photo :p

Anyone know, any good deal to buy this Samsung UE55D8000 TV?

I don't think I have posted on the Forums for over a year. So sorry if this hurts:rolleyes:

No TV will ever be perfect. I set a Thread up about my old Toshiba CRT 32" a few years ago and sent Toshiba a copy. They personaly set me up a new TV doing away with some of its faults (But Not All)

I then moved onto a Hitachi 42" Plasma that had it's own faults. This TV died and was replaced by Comet cover. I picked a Pioneer 50" 7 series just before the Kuro was released. This was one wicked TV but hey it still had faults;)

In June 2011 I picked the Samsung 55" D8000. I looked over the forums and the Mags before letting my cash go. Yes I can see some of the issues some times not all the time. I have most of the real 3D movies and most of the top Blu Ray movies that have been released and I must say this TV is the nuts for the money. Once you take of the VAT and the shop profit Samsung are giving you a great TV:clap:

I will be 46 this year and drop all the top games through my TV on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 I can't see any lag:confused: I don't change the settings to game mode either. I love the fact I can download and smack in MKV in diret via usb and watch gret content in HD. I love the 3D it pumps out. Yes it is not 100% but over the years I have found nothing is. So make the most out of a great all round TV that also has the Smart features:facepalm:

I'm not sure if this makes any odds when playing games but I have Virgin 100md service.

I have also upgraded my Blu Ray player for the Pioneer LX55 which has a much better picture than the chucked in for free player

Come home and enjoy your had spent cash:smashin:

Last edited:
Can someone tell what the calibration settings is for UE40D8000 800HZ model.
I find the pictures have oversturated colours and not natural/real life like.

Also a setting to reduce any motion blur when watching football.

I do not own this tv, as I'm going calibrate it in the show room before I buy one.

Hi all, New member here.
After reading all the posts on here I was starting to get a bit worried about going for the 46" D8000, Been wanting this TV pretty much since it came out but was always a bit pricey for me.
And as far as I could see it looked the best TV out there just now but wasnt aware of all its flaws til i read this thread, but decided to go for it anyways, hopefully I get a good one.
John Lewis price matched Robert Whyte for £1289.99 and I get it next friday, so fingers crossed eh.

Also....
I was thinking of running the Samsung HT-D6750 Home cinema with it.
Does anybody have any experience of this? and also do you know of where the cheapest is?
All the usual suspects are doing it for £799, and PLAY is doing it for £620, was wondering if there was anywhere else that John Lewis could price match?
Thanks.

Also....
I was thinking of running the Samsung HT-D6750 Home cinema with it.
Does anybody have any experience of this? and also do you know of where the cheapest is?
All the usual suspects are doing it for £799, and PLAY is doing it for £620, was wondering if there was anywhere else that John Lewis could price match?
Thanks.

If buying it from Play then be VERY careful as they only offer a 3 month or so warranty.

I bought a £55 keyboard from them that came with a manufacturers 3 year warranty that developed a fault after 3 months. They refused to do anything about it stating that i had to send it back to the manufacturers in Holland at my own expense. When i mentioned the sales of goods act they stated that due to them being an offshore company it didnt apply to them.
There is a reason they are cheap and i wouldnt buy anything electronic off them again.

This also means some companies may not price match them too.

If buying it from Play then be VERY careful as they only offer a 3 month or so warranty.

I bought a £55 keyboard from them that came with a manufacturers 3 year warranty that developed a fault after 3 months. They refused to do anything about it stating that i had to send it back to the manufacturers in Holland at my own expense. When i mentioned the sales of goods act they stated that due to them being an offshore company it didnt apply to them.
There is a reason they are cheap and i wouldnt buy anything electronic off them again.

This also means some companies may not price match them too.

Thanks, Thats good to know, never bought anything electrical from PLAY, only ever DVDs and stuff, but now that i know that i dont think i will be buying electricals from PLAY.
Thanks again.

HTD6750|Samsung HTD6750 3D Blu-ray 7.1 Home Cinema System - Robert Whyte Ltd

how about robert whyte £580 inc delivery, jl price match with these and they have them for £799

Thanks, I seen that also last night (after I already posted, whoops)
Just about to call JL now to request a price match.

Is there anyone that uses this system? Is it any good?

I got my original D800055 in March apparantly one of the first to get it go me!, the 60" was released at a later date the 55 is big enough anyway tbh! haha paying double for 5 more " is madness image

Just did the maths on this Iain its surprising the area that 5" adds to the screen overall 276sq" which is just under 20%

Still doesnt justify double the money, there you go!

Just did the maths on this Iain its surprising the area that 5" adds to the screen overall 276sq" which is just under 20%

Still doesnt justify double the money, there you go!

the 60inch wont be nearly double the money for much longer , after the ces annoucement next friday, expect it too drop fast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom