Samsung UExxD8000 Owners Thread *Part 5*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a continuation of the *Part 4* thread that can be found here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1457037-samsung-uexxd8000-owners-thread-part-4-a.html

For Reference Last Post
devastator said:
Arrived 14:10,I was so excited so I couldn't be bothered to say anything......Anyway after a few technical issues with regards to running of cables I have finally got it up and running.I hav'nt made any adjustments yet and only have it running freeview at the moment but it looks pretty impressive so far.SD does look a little hazy and not very clear but I'm sure a few picture setting adjustments would sort it.HD in freeview looks pretty good though.....any reccomendations on picture settings?

Try these from HDTV site - seem to work well:
Review:
Samsung UE55D8000/ UE46D8000 (D8000) 3D LED TV Review

Settings:
Samsung UE55D8000 Settings | Facebook

Killer Nads - any update on your panel... did you contact the engineer again?

Ok,it is the current one......£200 for a remote?Mmmmm,not sure how much it's worth it but just trying to navigate around with the standard remote is a pain in rear.......Oh and they have hust informed me that it won't be available until August the earliest!

Why have it on the website then?

I have placed an order for the remote with edc,will report back when it arrives.Thanks for the link

I believe our American and possibly European friends get these remotes in the box :(
Maybe it would be better to bundle them instead of the Samsung DVD player as some stockists do.
Either way, advertising its capabilities in all the brochures , then knobbling you with substandard control of its features is a bit poor.

Pity there is no extra free.pair that u can claim from samsung connect, like they did for c series

The official remote will support twin view/ dual view i guess so it has its advantages.

Just wondering instead of samsung remote - why not get an ipod for similar $ and use free samsung remote app. I was looking at remote extender for ipod - you can control all your appliances with ipad/ipod both RF/IR.

Well, I use the iPod Touch app and while generally it's ok, it doesn't work when entering URLs. Bring up the Enter URL screen, type text, Enter, then it just goes back to the enter text screen in a loop. Absolute rubbish. So much so that I have to give up and use the ordinary remote.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The official remote will support twin view/ dual view i guess so it has its advantages.

This is the reason I hav'nt gone for a ipod or an app on a mobile.I am a bit of a gadget freak and this is one of the reasons that drew me to this TV so you can guess my dissapointed to find out that you only get the standard control whereas our friends across the pond get the smart control!

Eurochampsx5 said:
I have placed an order for the remote with edc,will report back when it arrives.Thanks for the link

Samsung galaxy tab and the s2 mobile both support remote/twinview functionality from what I know.. Maybe better getting these as they can be used for a lot more than just a remote/twinview..

Way to expensive !!!! If u got a iPhone or any I devise just use that or a android device.
I rather spend my money on something better

Not really.When I'm out with my phone no one can use the tv or will have to use standard control.

do these tv's still have a high chance of getting a bad set? i reeaally want to buy this but dont know if i should "just" yet?

do these tv's still have a high chance of getting a bad set? i reeaally want to buy this but dont know if i should "just" yet?

Not sure mate,depends what you consider to be a bad set.My one arrived on Monday and I am very pleased with it,I can't find anything wrong at all but then again I am not looking for faults or carrying out tests to highlight them.

Plug and play with only a few minor tweeks and it's a wonderful set.

Not sure mate,depends what you consider to be a bad set.My one arrived on Monday and I am very pleased with it,I can't find anything wrong at all but then again I am not looking for faults or carrying out tests to highlight them.

Plug and play with only a few minor tweeks and it's a wonderful set.

Do you have any light bleed at the top and bottom.. just curious :rolleyes:

Not that I can notice.It all seems ok,I will take a picture later and post.

Well, I use the iPod Touch app and while generally it's ok, it doesn't work when entering URLs. Bring up the Enter URL screen, type text, Enter, then it just goes back to the enter text screen in a loop. Absolute rubbish. So much so that I have to give up and use the ordinary remote.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I use the ipad and it seems to be working fine. Have you got the latest app and also the last samsung TV firmware update improves the text input etc.

Killer Nads - any update on your panel... did you contact the engineer again?

hi mate,

samsung said they would said the engineer to see it again, ive booked him for saturday as currently at work fulltime.

have no idea where this is going to go!

hi mate,

samsung said they would said the engineer to see it again, ive booked him for saturday as currently at work fulltime.

have no idea where this is going to go!

:( do you still have the light bleed top and bottom? and was the set it good condition ie no scratches etc?

Last edited:
no i only had light bleed at top right corner, but i didnt try loosen screw as there was no point was going to get it changed anyway. Didnt bother as i have to keep taking it down from wall and putting it up.

I do have slightly brighter (i think) picture at the top and bottom of screen a very small row, is this what your asking about? For me this is not a concern and doesn't bother me, its just the banding and clouding seems over excessive on this replacement panel! I would be happy if they managed to fix even one out of these two problems, either completly fix the clouding or the banding and i will keep it happily! (i would prefer banding to go)

no i only had light bleed at top right corner, but i didnt try loosen screw as there was no point was going to get it changed anyway. Didnt bother as i have to keep taking it down from wall and putting it up.

I do have slightly brighter (i think) picture at the top and bottom of screen a very small row, is this what your asking about? For me this is not a concern and doesn't bother me, its just the banding and clouding seems over excessive on this replacement panel! I would be happy if they managed to fix even one out of these two problems, either completly fix the clouding or the banding and i will keep it happily! (i would prefer banding to go)

Hmmm, Seems I'm being too fussy with mine as i have no banding even when watching footy and the clouding is so minimal that i have to put on a slightly off black screen with the lights off and look for it.. :eek: i do have the light bleed which is about 2-3mm at top and bottom (this only shows up in some scenes though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom