Samsung UE70KU6000 problem

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

I just had this TV delivered today. The only input source I am using is HDMI1 and am able to view successfully, however, every 10 or 15 minutes the TV switches the source to "TV" which displays the message No Signal and asks me to connect the aerial cable and perform a channel scan!
To continue viewing I have to manually switch the source back to HDMI1

Am I doing something wrong?

Have you ever connected it to an aerial and done a channel scan? Perhaps it wants you to complete a half finished setup routine which it started when you first plugged it in?

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, I haven't. I just managed to watch a bluray without interruption, so maybe it is an issue with my Sky? I will try to watch a pre-recorded Sky program tomorrow.

OK, I have a Samsung TV and was just remembering that it automatically went through a channel set up on Freeview or Freesat during its initial setup routine. As you appear to have skipped this because you're using an external source it may keep switching back to TV because it's prompting you to populate the TV guide with terrestrial or satellite channels.(assuming that model has a satellite tuner?)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been through the initial set up process 3 or 4 times, each time trying something different, but nothing worked.

Have you tried letting it go through a setup autotune with no aerial connected where it will end stating no channels found?

When you watched the bluray did you use the same hdmi cable as you used for sky if you didnt i would suggest trying a different hdmi cable. I do understand however that you may have been using this cable without any issues for a long time but sometimes some cables dont like certain equipment and it costs nothing to try it.

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

Hi Jaycee, yes, I let it go through the whole search.

Crabbie, this was going to be my next try, however ....

After searching Google, I switched the Anynet+ (HDMI - CEC) to off. This has so far stopped the source changing, but I did still get the "No Signal" message through HDMI1, while watching Sky Movies.

I switched the Anynet+ (HDMI - CEC) to off. This has so far stopped the source changing, but I did still get the "No Signal" message through HDMI1, while watching Sky Movies.

Do you have PIP switched on by any chance?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom