SAMSUNG UE65TU8500 Or HISENSE 65U7QFTUK

ukchris

Novice Member
Both £799 at the moment. I’m waiting for Black Friday to see if any more money gets knocked off.
Mainly terrestrial tv watching in a lit room with some football on Sky Q and Netflix through Sky Q.
Viewing angles no more than 20 degrees and I have a Sonos system so not to bothered about sound quality of the tv.

Or should spend and an extra 200 and get a Samsung Q60 or Hisense UQ8?

Dodgexander

Since you won't know until you own it which type of panel comes on the Samsung and you view direct in front of the TV and not at an angle I'd go for the U7Q.

Samsung Q60 is a nothing TV, I don't see how anyone would find value in buying it.

Hisense U8Q is a good choice if you don't want to disable HDR on the TV, since its the only relatively cheap TV that can display HDR properly. On the other hand it does have some reported motion issues with broadcast TV.

Whichever you buy, buy from a reputable retailer so you can return the TV if you are unhappy.

Consider waiting for sales too. Since prices should drop Black Friday/Xmas/Jan sales and you may be able to afford models then that a tier up, for example the Sony XF9005.

ukchris

Novice Member
Thanks for the speedy reply.
Yes I have been watching the XF9005 currently £1200 but if it comes down on Black Friday I think that’s the one. If not it’s definitely the U7Q.
I took a look at them all a curry’s last night before lockdown and the “helpful” salesman was pushing me towards Samsung as he says hisense are unknown. Thankfully I had read your reviews that the hisense Qleds are good value but just wanted confirmation.

Dodgexander

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Yes I have been watching the XF9005 currently £1200 but if it comes down on Black Friday I think that’s the one. If not it’s definitely the U7Q.
I took a look at them all a curry’s last night before lockdown and the “helpful” salesman was pushing me towards Samsung as he says hisense are unknown. Thankfully I had read your reviews that the hisense Qleds are good value but just wanted confirmation.
Sorry made a mistake in my last post, meant to say Sony XH9005. The XF9005 is an older model, but arguably better if you can find that still.

Yes Hisense are new but both TVs offer specs unheard of at the same price. The U8Q is cheaper and better at HDR than the Sony XH9005. The U7Q is almost as good as the XH9005 with HDR and costs a fraction. They have downsides, motion seems to be a complaint, but motion is also a complaint of other brands so its hard to know what it will be like for you until you own the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom