Samsung ue65tu7020kxxu or Samsung ue65au7100kxxu - budget 65" around £500 -£600

airuk

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a budget 65" tv for HD TV and HD and 4k content. I've been looking at the samsung ue65tu7020kxxu vs samsung ue65au7100kxxu and wondered if there is much difference in performance? The ue65tu7020kxxu seems well reviewed and just wondering if there is any benefit in paying slightly more and getting the ue65au7100kxxu?

Many Thanks

Dodgexander

The AU series is just the new TU series. Main thing is to make sure you know what panel you want from a TV.

Panel info on new Samsung models:

airuk

Standard Member
Thanks, I think we will be ok with a smaller viewing angle as we will be 8-12 feet back from the TV and fairly straight on to it.

I'm really looking for something that upscales HD TV well and handles sports ok.

Dodgexander

You shouldn't need to worry at all about upscaling HD. First most UHD models, even the very cheapest handle HD decently. Second, 8-12feet is a very far distance, so it's unlikely you'll notice much upscaling that far away.

With sports you have to decide on the type of panel. VA panels will give you better contrast, blacks and they do better in dark rooms with better black uniformity.
IPS panels however have better viewing angles and have less motion blur which can make watching sports better.

Most people prefer VA type panels, but if you know you are susceptible to noticing motion blur, you may want to get a TV with an IPS panel instead.

airuk

Standard Member
Thanks. I was a also looking at the TCL 65RP620K Roku and the Hisense Roku 655A7200GTUK, should they be considered?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom