Samsung Ue65ks8000 good replacement for Pioneer Lx5090?

greggymagic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just about made my mind up but looking for any alternative views from people far more informed than I....... I want a 65 inch TV to replace my Kuro 50 inch....nothing wrong with the Pioneer just want a bit more real estate, UHD Netflix/Sky etc The 65 inch Ks8000 is currently 1399 at RS. Is it a good telly - Any others in that price range I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

It is a good TV, for that price its a very good buy. But it is a mid range model and is an edge lit LCD so in some respects you might find the tech doesn't match up to the quality of your pioneer. See: UHD vs FHD

It is a good TV, for that price its a very good buy. But it is a mid range model and is an edge lit LCD so in some respects you might find the tech doesn't match up to the quality of your pioneer. See: UHD vs FHD
Thanks Dogexander

So what would be more of a like for like with the Kuro? Would I see a significant drop off in quality with the Ks8000?

I'm not one of those that can really tell from specs but I wouldn't want a noticeable bad picture. Would it still look good to a layman like myself? It's mainly for Sky/Netflix blue ray etc.

Cheers

Everyone has different standards, you are better off arranging a demo somewhere like richer sounds and seeing what you make of LCDs and OLEDs compared to your current TV. There are owners who are happy with a budget LCD today and those who aren't happy with an expensive OLED.

It depends on your own taste, your sources etc.

For example, if you got the KS8000 and used it for lots of HDR material then for sure it will be an upgrade.
If you still watch lots of SD material it won't be any better and will likely look worse.
HD will be much the same

Whether you will benefit from UHD or not depends on how close you sit, you need view approx twice as close on an UHD vs FHD to benefit from the extra resolution.

Everyone has different standards, you are better off arranging a demo somewhere like richer sounds and seeing what you make of LCDs and OLEDs compared to your current TV. There are owners who are happy with a budget LCD today and those who aren't happy with an expensive OLED.

It depends on your own taste, your sources etc.

For example, if you got the KS8000 and used it for lots of HDR material then for sure it will be an upgrade.
If you still watch lots of SD material it won't be any better and will likely look worse.
HD will be much the same

Whether you will benefit from UHD or not depends on how close you sit, you need view approx twice as close on an UHD vs FHD to benefit from the extra resolution.

Thanks

More research is needed I think..... To be honest I don't think I'm majorly picky but as I buy a TV once every 8 years or so then I want it to look good. Mind you I got a Hisense for the Kitchen and I have to say the picture is excellent for the money it cost!

I would demo some different tv's then, if you are happy with the kitchen tv you might even be happy with the Hisense M7000 which is significantly cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom