SAMSUNG UE65KS7000 or Samsung UE55KS9000w/free blueray

DMG2810

Novice Member
Reaction score
Considering either a 65inch KS7000 or 55inch KS9000

I've read alot of concerns about motion and quality on the KS7000 that dont seem to exist on the 9000 but i guess its the luck of the draw on the tv.

I'd be intending to watch 4k HDR content on netflix, blue rays, and PS4 Pro 4k gaming.

Would be sitting about 9ft from tv for movies and probably 6ft for gaming.

Would i be better with the 65inch 7k or the 55inch 9k (with free blue ray player and 100 cheaper)

Thanks

There's nothing wrong with the motion handling on the 7000 , don't underestimate how big that 65" TV is though , it's worth getting hold of some cardboard and making a piece the same side as the screen just to see if it is going to be OK [emoji106]

I'd be interested in opinions on the very same model - been eyeing it up myself, but very concerned by the motion issues noted by many owners on online reviews.
@paulyoung666 could you elaborate on your views of motion handling? I gather gaming is fine, its sports and fast paced scenes across all formats (dvd, br, 4k br, netflix, sky) which lots of people are finding troublesome.
Ive never owned a samsung TV, always been either Sony or Panasonic - and hoping to be won over - but my stance is a cynical one.
If i am to lay out over £1500 on a TV i want it to impress me, not leave me disappointed.
All advice greatly received.

The KS7000 and KS9000 are very similar.

KS7000 and KS7500 are the lower models.

KS8000 and KS9000 are the higher models.

With the higher models you get less motion blur and more powerful speakers.

The micro stutter people report is all across the range, some notice it, some don't. Its most apparent when feeding a 1080i source with slo motion switching to normal speed and vice versa. Why don't you demo your own content to see if you see it? You could take a USB with some of your own content to a store or even better, arrange a demo at a hifi store like Richer Sounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom