• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Samsung UE58RU7100KXXU playing up

shaynemawer

Hi, just after some advice and hopefully solutions to this situation my friend is having.
He has a samsung tv, and other night it wouldnt turn off unless the power was pulled from the plug.
Afterwards the tv would only turn on/off via the remote regardless what button was pressed it would just turn tv on/off.

Anyone have any idea what could be the issue please ?.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Afterwards the tv would only turn on/off via the remote regardless what button was pressed it would just turn tv on/off
I find this part a bit unclear.
Are you saying that pressing any button on the remote just turns the set on and off?, or..It can only be switched on and off with the remote?
If the latter go through the TV's menu and see if there's a child lock active.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
And if by pressing any button on the remote and switching it on...is the set working normally?

shaynemawer

Think its back working again. Had him unplug for awhile, then press power button on tv whilst unplugged. And then turn back on and looks like its sorted itself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom