Samsung UE55TU7100 Screen Issue

MrA1ex

Hi guys,

Wondering if this issue has been seen before and is a wider problem for this model of Samsung TV.

I purchased this 2 weeks ago from John Lewis and all has been fine until I turned the TV on today and saw this.

I've tested this on different inputs (Sky, Consoles, YouTube) with different HDMI leads and the issue is the same. Obviously, I will be returning this asap but just thought I'd share in case anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks

dts

Distinguished Member

dts

Distinguished Member
I know it's a lower end TV but that doesn't really answer my question... Will be getting the LG CX once this goes back, which was my original intention but got tempted into buying this (it was on offer)
Yeah I appreciate that...once you go oled you will never go back to an lcd with led backlighting...

The cheaper tvs can be an utter nightmare...terrible with motion,bad HDR performance and just generally not worth the money,whilst I appreciate not everyone has the money to spend on a decent tv...if you can its worth every penny.Regarding your tv it looks like a panel fault so just send it back...

dts

Distinguished Member
Have you tried different picture settings? Like turning the backlight down,contrast and so on? Spending time on the picture settings can make a massive difference...most folks just buy a tv and leave it in the ghastly vivid mode and see happywith getting a free retina scan every time they switch the tv on.

MrA1ex

Yeah I appreciate that...once you go oled you will never go back to an lcd with led backlighting...

The cheaper tvs can be an utter nightmare...terrible with motion,bad HDR performance and just generally not worth the money,whilst I appreciate not everyone has the money to spend on a decent tv...if you can its worth every penny.Regarding your tv it looks like a panel fault so just send it back...

It's weird because I turned the TV on today and that fault seems to have disappeared, but no way I'll be keeping it after that experience.

Rang JL and they said that if a TV has a fault, it will show itself within the first 30 days. Otherwise you should be good for a long time. Anyways they're collecting it Friday and I've already put the order in for my OLED! The only thing that makes me nervous is the burn-in but 5 year guarantee helps numb that pain.

MrA1ex

Have you tried different picture settings? Like turning the backlight down,contrast and so on? Spending time on the picture settings can make a massive difference...most folks just buy a tv and leave it in the ghastly vivid mode and see happywith getting a free retina scan every time they switch the tv on.

When I first bought it I switched it to Natural and left it as is.

Not sure what settings I'll be using for the OLED - I look forward to playing around with it

vickster

Distinguished Member
It's weird because I turned the TV on today and that fault seems to have disappeared, but no way I'll be keeping it after that experience.

Rang JL and they said that if a TV has a fault, it will show itself within the first 30 days. Otherwise you should be good for a long time. Anyways they're collecting it Friday and I've already put the order in for my OLED! The only thing that makes me nervous is the burn-in but 5 year guarantee helps numb that pain.
Standard guarantees often don’t cover OLED burn in, JL offer extra cover (£140 I think )

dts

Distinguished Member
Oh... That's a shame
Burn in doesn't happen anymore,especially if you treat the oled with respect and set it up and calibrate the picture settings correctly....ive had my LG 55B7 oled for over three year's now with no burn in whatsoever!! I watch alot of mixed content from sky Q,films,netflix,Disney +,prime video,YouTube,gaming on the ps4 pro and x-box one x...if my tv is left on for coffee breaks,toilet trips then a screen saver kicks in after a couple of mins(like a little firework display) I have zero burn in and used slides on a monthly basis to check the screen...like anything people will always talk about the bad,and never the good points...or don't get the facts right.

chancooluk

Standard Member
Burn in doesn't happen anymore,especially if you treat the oled with respect and set it up and calibrate the picture settings correctly....ive had my LG 55B7 oled for over three year's now with no burn in whatsoever!! I watch alot of mixed content from sky Q,films,netflix,Disney +,prime video,YouTube,gaming on the ps4 pro and x-box one x...if my tv is left on for coffee breaks,toilet trips then a screen saver kicks in after a couple of mins(like a little firework display) I have zero burn in and used slides on a monthly basis to check the screen...like anything people will always talk about the bad,and never the good points...or don't get the facts right.
You mean fact like "Burn in doesn't happen anymore"...

Burn in can happen if you aren't careful to adjust your usage to suit the TV. Some people just want to use a TV without worrying about the picture being burned in. My brother in law's C8 has burn-in from game OSD's that are displayed for hours at a time from his PS4. Obviously he could just stop playing games on his OLED, but he shouldn't have to.

dts

Distinguished Member
You mean fact like "Burn in doesn't happen anymore"...

Burn in can happen if you aren't careful to adjust your usage to suit the TV. Some people just want to use a TV without worrying about the picture being burned in. My brother in law's C8 has burn-in from game OSD's that are displayed for hours at a time from his PS4. Obviously he could just stop playing games on his OLED, but he shouldn't have to.
Like I've said people need to treat oled with respect...no tv technology is perfect...afterglow,dirty screen effect,blue tinge..the list goes on for led backlighting on lcd tvs...

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom