Samsung UE55MU9000 OneConnect Box Faulty - Richer Sounds cannot give dates for replacement part

Stephen Akers

Standard Member
Have had the repair firm which Richer Sounds use out to look at my 4 year old Samsung UE55MU9000.
It no longer finds any of the devices connected to it.

Got a text today to say that the parts required are delayed.

Have been told the OneConnect Box is now on back order with Samsung directly, but they could not tell me a lead time. I have a soundbar which is unusable as the box does not see the device and the others are hit and miss.

Do Samsung even make spares for this TV any more?

What are my rights at this point , how long do I have to wait before escalating with @Richer Sounds ?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Last edited:

cuke2u

Given the age of your tv plus the semiconductor shortage you may well be waiting a while. How long that 'while' you will wait is up to your patience. However I would be already commencing discussions with Richer Sounds as to what will happen after a certain length of time agreed..

notengo13

Have had the repair firm which Richer Sounds use out to look at my 4 year old Samsung UE55MU9000.
It no longer finds any of the devices connected to it.

Got a text today to say that the parts required are delayed.

Have been told the OneConnect Box is now on back order with Samsung directly, but they could not tell me a lead time. I have a soundbar which is unusable as the box does not see the device and the others are hit and miss.

Do Samsung even make spares for this TV any more?

What are my rights at this point , how long do I have to wait before escalating with @Richer Sounds ?

Thanks in advance

Stephen
You can check for spare parts for Samsung tvs on page samsungparts dot eu

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014_212000.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014_212000.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 5

cuke2u

Direct link to Samsung parts Home
You might be better off pinging @Richer Sounds a personal message..

Stephen Akers

Standard Member
I raised this using the web form the website sends you to when raising an issue on the 25th September, then received an email to inform me that I would be contacted within 24/48 hours. Call never came, I called the Customer Service number after 7days and asked for an update. So not a terribly good start.

This is the second Samsung TV I have got from @Richer Sounds as the first was replaced after a botched repair job, TVRS came out and the engineer thought it looked like the OneConnect Box.

Now the current TV is just over 4 years old, and the previous set was 2 years old. I would expect a TV to last longer than this before any sort of fault arises. Checking the spares site show no stock, and Samsung Direct have no stock, so it does not fill me with much positivity that I'll get the part any time soon, along with the chip shortages as an added issue.

In all it's nearly a month since the issue was raised.

The TV is unusable in it's current state and the previous repair experience with my first TV isn't helping my confidence.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom