Question Samsung UE55MU8000 issue with Humax Freesat

Robsk1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My in-laws have just purchased this TV and are having some issues with some SD but all HD recordings through their Humax freesat HDR.

Any HD recordings when paused are lagging to pause (picture and sound) and when they are resumed the picture plays immediately but the sound does not come out for 2-3 seconds. This happens occasionally with SD recordings.

After speaking to Humax a few times they have tried a different TV (1080) and it had none of the same issues.

The Humax is connected directly to the TV with RCA connects to the Bose amp set up (which they often don't use for TV or recordings).

For other reasons (Samsung stand is wonky, 1 inch higher on the left) they have had the TV replaced but the same issue occurs.

I'm trying to fathom what the issue could be as the Humax box is obviously fine:

HDMI cable from the Humax to TV
The TV
Handshaking issue
...?

They have no 4k sources and use it solely for the Humax, TV and the DVD player in the Bose box.

The replacement TV has still got the issue mentioned above (the stands aren't great) so they may go to another brand / model (LG B7V, Samsung Q7F, Sony XE) but i'm wondering if the issue would still be there

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks for reading.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom