Question Samsung UE55JS8000 or Panasonic 55CX802B

DrMekon

Thankfully, Samsung have now started offering some hi-end flat TVs, so does give me a little more choice for around the £1.6k ish mark. Looking to replace my returned Sony X8509c, as I just couldnt live with all its flaws!

I was leaning towards the Panny, only because I couldnt really find many other flats the sat along side it, but this Sammy could just do that... Never really been much of a fan of the Sammys, not sure why.. but I did like the look of their hi ends, apart from the silly curve...

So any opinions would be great, as Richer Sounds collecting my TV tomorrow and theres going to be a large space to fill!

I do believe a main difference is the Panny is full array, and the Sammy is edge lit... I had read that to fully benefit from HDR, the screens must be full array.

Last edited:

AVRAG

ME TOO! I am so stuck between these models. Have you got a source that states the Pana is full array as I can't find any real specs that categorically state it.

DrMekon

Yeah, the review on these forums mentioned it... under Picture Quality

Panasonic TX-55CX802B (CX802) UHD 4K LED TV Review

"The 55-inch CX802, along with the 65-inch version, uses a full direct LED backlight and this meant that the uniformity was superior to anything you would get with edge-lit LED TVs."

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom