• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE55HU7500 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE55HU7500

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 10

Contrast: 91

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 48

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R52, G0, B4; Green - R12, G58, B3; Blue - R0, G6, B49; Yellow - R52, G 51, B5; Cyan - R8, G54, B51; Magenta - R54, G0, B55)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset +3, Green Offset -5, Blue Offset 0, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain -3

Gamma: -2

Expert Pattern: Off

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Smart LED: Standard

darron027

I will give these settings a go on my Samsung 8500. Many thanks for providing this info.

Jimmy H 777

Novice Member
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE55HU7500

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 10

Contrast: 91

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 48

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R52, G0, B4; Green - R12, G58, B3; Blue - R0, G6, B49; Yellow - R52, G 51, B5; Cyan - R8, G54, B51; Magenta - R54, G0, B55)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset +3, Green Offset -5, Blue Offset 0, Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain -3

Gamma: -2

Expert Pattern: Off

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Smart LED: Standard

Jimmy H 777

Novice Member
Hi Mark, thanks for your comprehensive review. As someone with experience of this tv, could you help me with an issue I'm having with mine?!

I've just bought the UE55HU7500. I noticed a thin shadow down the left and right side of the screen. Only a couple of mm thick but I wasn't sure if this was normal. I called Samsung who told me that it sounded like a fault with the tv. When I returned the tv to Curry's, their on-display model had the same issue. They very kindly sent me a new one which also has the thin shadow lines! I went on a road trip to John Lewis and Selfridges in Birmingham and both stores had the same issue with their display model. This obviously leads me to assume that it is NOT a fault. Thanks samsung for giving me duff info!

On a separate note I can't seem to eliminate the band of light around the entire edge of the tv. It only shows up clearly when the screen is showing certain colours and textures. This can't be right can it? Has anyone else had this issue? If so is it an officially acceptable flaw or should I insist on a perfect telly?!

I would appreciate yours or anyone else's input on this!

Thanks

Makemebad1978

Hi Mark, thanks for your comprehensive review. As someone with experience of this tv, could you help me with an issue I'm having with mine?!

I've just bought the UE55HU7500. I noticed a thin shadow down the left and right side of the screen. Only a couple of mm thick but I wasn't sure if this was normal. I called Samsung who told me that it sounded like a fault with the tv. When I returned the tv to Curry's, their on-display model had the same issue. They very kindly sent me a new one which also has the thin shadow lines! I went on a road trip to John Lewis and Selfridges in Birmingham and both stores had the same issue with their display model. This obviously leads me to assume that it is NOT a fault. Thanks samsung for giving me duff info!

On a separate note I can't seem to eliminate the band of light around the entire edge of the tv. It only shows up clearly when the screen is showing certain colours and textures. This can't be right can it? Has anyone else had this issue? If so is it an officially acceptable flaw or should I insist on a perfect telly?!

Thanks
Can't say i noticed before reading your comment but yes i have it on mine too, about 3 pixels deep on both sides, can only see it when face is right up against the screen though

Mathiaz

Novice Member

Thanks

I've just bought the UE55HU7505, but I think it's basically the same as UE55HU7500. I also got shadow lines about 3mm wide. Sometimes I see a band if light around the edges (like a frame), about 20-25mm thick. It's not always visible, I usually can see it more clearly when it's dark grey scenes or dark blue/purple.

Jimmy how wide is you band of light?

Is this visible on all UE55H7500 / UE55H7505?

Last edited:

Jimmy H 777

Novice Member
I've just bought the UE55HU7505, but I think it's basically the same as UE55HU7500. I also got shadow lines about 3mm wide. Sometimes I see a band if light around the edges (like a frame), about 20-25mm thick. It's not always visible, I usually can see it more clearly when it's dark grey scenes or dark blue/purple.

Jimmy how wide is you band of light?

Is this visible on all UE55H7500 / UE55H7505?
I can describe the same band of light on my TV. However I sent mine back! I got through 5 of these before I got one I was satisfied with! That means this backlight issue is a fault and shouldn't be accepted. Depending on how helpful you shop is, I'd insist on a replacement until you find one your happy with. Even after all this trouble I still don't think there are many UHD TVs that are as user friendly as this one.

Makemebad1978

Thanks
I've had mine for about 5 months, i have the faint shadow on either side that's about 3 pixels deep but i noticed it because of a comment on here and even then only when i'm within 1 foot of the screen. As for the band of light, that's something i definitely have not had and does sound like a fault

Mathiaz

Novice Member
I can describe the same band of light on my TV. However I sent mine back! I got through 5 of these before I got one I was satisfied with! That means this backlight issue is a fault and shouldn't be accepted. Depending on how helpful you shop is, I'd insist on a replacement until you find one your happy with. Even after all this trouble I still don't think there are many UHD TVs that are as user friendly as this one.

Thanks for info.. I will try my luck and change it today.
But you still have the shadow lines, right?

Well I didn't have much time to test the new TV yesterday, but at least there's no band of light like a frame, but there's a light band <10mm in the bottom. Does the perfect TV really exist?

After some more testing I can say that it's leaking too much light from the edges, especially around left and right corner at the bottom.

Last edited:

Mathiaz

Novice Member
I've had mine for about 5 months, i have the faint shadow on either side that's about 3 pixels deep but i noticed it because of a comment on here and even then only when i'm within 1 foot of the screen. As for the band of light, that's something i definitely have not had and does sound like a fault

Thanks for info!

Jimmy H 777

Novice Member
Thanks for info.. I will try my luck and change it today.
But you still have the shadow lines, right?
Yes, the thin shadow on the sides of the screen seem to be there on all of the units I've seen, including display models in Currys, John Lewis and Selfridges. I can only conclude that they are supposed to be there. Don't ask me why though!!

Mathiaz

Novice Member
Yes, the thin shadow on the sides of the screen seem to be there on all of the units I've seen, including display models in Currys, John Lewis and Selfridges. I can only conclude that they are supposed to be there. Don't ask me why though!!

Maybe to hide band of light problem? ;)

david-park

I have just bought a UE55HU7500 and have found your picture settings very helpful thank you.
Now got a Samsung BD-D5500 3D blu-ray and on both the TV and this player I'm a bit lost on the sound settings have you any help for me in these please?
The Tv is connected via optical to a Denon AV amp and usual 5 speakers plus Sub.
Thanks in advance.

logiciel

The BR should be connected through the amp by HDMI.

Makemebad1978

Latest Samsung update for this tv has messed up the mouse pointer from the remote, sometimes appears, sometimes doesn't but even when it does it usually freezes.
Is anybody else having this issue?
Any ideas on who to email about the issue?

Makemebad1978

Silly mistake from me on last post, lol.
Mouse pointer problem was due to the battery needing changing.

Has anyone else with this tv realised that the built in YouTube player doesn't play 4k content at all?
In the YouTube app settings you can tick "show video info", this shows that 4k content is playing at 1080p

aberland

Standard Member
Silly mistake from me on last post, lol.
Mouse pointer problem was due to the battery needing changing.

Has anyone else with this tv realised that the built in YouTube player doesn't play 4k content at all?
In the YouTube app settings you can tick "show video info", this shows that 4k content is playing at 1080p

That is a given since the tv dont have the v9 hardware part that decodes youtube 4k...

aberland

Standard Member
I am wondering if anyone have connected the sek-3500u updating kit to their 2014 7505 tv? and if so, how is it?

MrAlpina

Novice Member
Hey, does anyone know the settings with the Samsung Evolution SEK 3500u kit HDR? Will it be the same or new settings?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom