samsung UE55HU7500 arriving in the UK for 14 April

aptiana

Seen a few on-line retailers offering this for preorder. It is not listed on Samsung's site. It is a lot cheaper than the U9000 (except at Currys/PC World) but looks a similar spec to me> I think there is a 65 too.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Yes there is a 65 which is also scheduled for the 14th. Just been eyeing it up on the web. I've got my eye on one for the autumn. By that time there might even be something native to play on it and we maybe able to get it under 3 grand. It is starting at 3-5 this month. Clearly cheaper than last years models which is great. I won't be considering the curved version of this series.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
You mean last years models and streaming? As far as I am aware the 2014 models have HEVC chips.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Some other minor differences. The curved has micro dimming ultimate as opposed to pro and a breakout box as opposed to an evolution kit. There is also an auto depth enhancer on the curved. But all that is minor and it's essentially the same level of TV.

Samsung's 2014 TV line-up - with prices - FlatpanelsHD

LSPC

Standard Member
Got mine yesterday, seems like a great tv went into jl to see when they might get one and got the one they had for demo delivered on Sunday !!
Got some tweaking to do but more than happy with the picture after some adjustments Netflix 4k looks awesome.More than happy coming from a pioneer plasma

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Got mine yesterday, seems like a great tv went into jl to see when they might get one and got the one they had for demo delivered on Sunday !!
Got some tweaking to do but more than happy with the picture after some adjustments Netflix 4k looks awesome.More than happy coming from a pioneer plasma
Is there much 4K stuff on Netflix apart from House of Cards?

Eamonnpd

Novice Member
@LSPC Did you get the OneConnect box with that model? I'm seriously thinking of buying the same TV, just waiting for some reviews.

LSPC

Standard Member
Not much else at present a few nature documentaries,but I'm hoping more will follow. Sky hd is pretty good though, pleased with it at the moment

LSPC

Standard Member
@LSPC Did you get the OneConnect box with that model? I'm seriously thinking of buying the same TV, just waiting for some reviews.
No doesn't come with oneconnect box,easy set up though.
Couldn't wait for reviews didn't even see it .....box didn't get out of the warehouse :) JL always a safe bet if it doesn't live upto expectations so went for it and not disappointed as yet so not too bothered about reviews

ed2093

Novice Member
I took delivery of one of these yesterday after pre ordering one from currys, well i actually took delivery on monday but the one they delivered had a smashed screen!

After doing a bit of a deal and using discounted gift cards i ended up paying £2097 for the tv.

A couple of questions though -

1) I was told when buying in store the tv came with a 5 year warranty however nothing came with the tv to state this and currys website says 1 year manufactures warranty - have i been told porkies in store?

2) I would like to buy a largish usb drive and then somehow use the same drive as a pvr and also to store downloaded content on. Is this even possible? If so how would i do it?

I did think i was getting cheap entry to the 4k world however i know notice currys have a 50 inch smasung 4k tv for 1500, whoops!

redshift50

I took delivery of one of these yesterday after pre ordering one from currys, well i actually took delivery on monday but the one they delivered had a smashed screen!

After doing a bit of a deal and using discounted gift cards i ended up paying £2097 for the tv.

1) I was told when buying in store the tv came with a 5 year warranty however nothing came with the tv to state this and currys website says 1 year manufactures warranty - have i been told porkies in store?

2) I would like to buy a largish usb drive and then somehow use the same drive as a pvr and also to store downloaded content on. Is this even possible? If so how would i do it?

I did think i was getting cheap entry to the 4k world however i know notice currys have a 50 inch smasung 4k tv for 1500, whoops!
Hi,Any chance of a review etc,thinking of buying the set myself in a few months,I think the Samsung 4k for
1500 may be last years model,
thanks.

ed2093

Novice Member
I think the £1500 sets are actually a new model but not as high spec, i dont think they are 3d etc Buy SAMSUNG UE50HU6900 Smart 4k Ultra HD 50" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Unfortunately I am probably not savvy enough to write a meaningful review, i just was blown away when i first watched a 4k tv in action and didnt even have a smart tv, i promised myself when they fell to about 2000 quid i would treat myself to one and that is wat i have done.

I have clarified with currys that I do only get a years warranty, the complaint letter is alreay written as i asked the member of staff and they expressly told me that it came with 5 years warranty. That is the reason i went to currys instead of richer sounds etc.

LSPC

Standard Member
Had quite a problem with mine today ..... YouTube app just put up a complete white screen couldn't get out of it had to relaunch smart hub and go on a different app and then close to get back to TV mode wasn't a happy bunny.
Phoned Samsung c/c and had a techie do some remote re sets, didn't solve problem and he said he would have to get back to me in an hour :-(
Well an hour later he phoned back !! Said he wanted to do a full factory re set which cured the issue :) .Hope it cures it and it was only a soft ware glitch, must say I am impressed with Samsung customer service (thanks Matt) has worked fine since, but will be checking everyday for a while !! Glad I bought from JL now so still have plenty of time to back it if necessary

LSPC

Standard Member
Anyone else had problems with theirs ? .Just backed mine to JL for a refund,TV picture was outstanding but smart hub apps kept crashing/locking up.
Pretty Disappointed at the mo as not many others have 4k sets out so it's back to the old plasma for a while

tazcab

Standard Member
looks like Samsung not doing as good as we hoped and i just ordered a HU8500

LSPC

Standard Member
Hope you get a good one mate, picture was outstanding but smart hub and apps let it down Samsung done a full factory remote re set which sorted for one day then another app locked up and they tried to blame the app software.
Sorry Samsung the Netflix app works on my Ipad, laptop and PS3 so think it's probably your software at fault. 2 faults in 4 days is not good on a TV at this price, even the JL customer service guy said get a refund and wait until Samsung get their act together.
Think I'll wait until Sony/ Panasonic bring out their new 4k sets and have another look, as I am sold on the 4k picture quality.

Eamonnpd

Novice Member
Didn't Samsung have problems with their servers regarding the Apps? So it wasn't actually a problem with the new TV sets.

LSPC

Standard Member
Yeah read that but the first crash I had was before the fire and then Samsung were blaming NetFlix for the fault saying I should contact them for assistance,can't see all Samsung smart hub servers are all based in one place as they're having problems globally. Still too late now have taken TV back and will sit tight for a couple of months and see how things settle once all manufacturers have this years models on the market.

Luke3525

Standard Member

Hi. With regards to your 5 year warranty scenario, I had the exact same issue. Every website offers this with this model so I asked the guys in currys when paying if they offer it too, and they said yes. Gets the delivery of tv the next day and like you no paperwork supporting it, just standard 1yr warranty. I rang KNOWHOW and they said they dont offer it on this model. I explained the guys in store said they did and he advised I go back to store to complain as I was falsely sold something. I threatened to return the tv and purchase elsewhere where I could get the 5 yr warranty. He then told me I couldn't returned it as I'd already unboxed and mounted it. Utter bs! Was I supposed to keep it boxed while checking the paperwork contained in the box?????lol. Anyway, I went back to store and asked to speak to a manager who assured me he was 99% sure that ALL uhd tvs now come with the 5 ur warranty. He made some calls and sent me away saying he would get some paperwork sent out to me to support his claim. After a day or 2 he emailed me explaining what the confusion was.
Basically the 5 year warranty on these tvs does not come into effect till the 1st may. Any tvs sold before them by currys technically only have the standard 1 yr. so on May 1st he is going to refund the sale and put it through again so I get the 5 yr warranty.
Apart from that i love this tv!!! The 4k is amazing as is the 3d. Gotta check out avatar 3d blu ray on this tv. Jaw dropping!!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone