Samsung UE55F8000 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE55F8000 review

Picture Mode: Movie
Back Light: 13
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: 0
Picture Size
Picture Size: Screen Fit
Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Custom (Red R50 G0 B3, Green R15 G56 B0, Blue R5, G5, B50, Yellow R52 G50 B0, Cyan R10 G54 B52, Magenta R43 G0 B48)
White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 25, Green Offset 25, Blue Offset 25, Red Gain 33, Green Gain 23, Blue Gain 25
White Balance 10-Point: 1 - R0/G0/B0, 2 - R0/G0/B0, 3 - R0/G0/B0, 4 - R0/G0/B0, 5 - R0/G0/B0, 6 - R0/G0/B0, 7 - R0/G0/B0, 8 - R0/G3/B0, 9 - R0/G0/B0, 10 - R0/G0/B0
Gamma: 0
Expert Pattern: Off
Motion Lighting: Off
Picture Options
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto2
Motion Plus: Off
Cinema Black: Off

Last edited:
Sharpness is set to 0 twice. Perhaps because it is extra important to get this setting right? :D

How come the review doesn't show up on the website homepage? I only found it through these links here.

The Home Page only shows the most recent reviews but all hardware reviews can be found here: AVForums Hardware Reviews | AVForums.com - UK Online and there's a review tag at the top of every page which takes you here: AVForums Reviews | AVForums.com - UK Online

I have a bookmark to the reviews, on my phone, it's not there!
Also on the android app, going back from viewing the hx853 owners thread for example using the back arrow, takes you out of the led/lcd section altogether! It's a pain. I think does it on every sub forum, it goes back two steps instead of one.

Curious to see contrast at 80 on movie mode, what influenced you to do that? On the ES8000, you could set contrast to 100 and have no color clipping or discoloration.

Curious to see contrast at 80 on movie mode, what influenced you to do that? On the ES8000, you could set contrast to 100 and have no color clipping or discoloration.

You don't need Contrast set to 100, I found 80 was bright enough for my room but everyone's viewing environment will be different and these are just suggested settings.

I have a bookmark to the reviews, on my phone, it's not there!
Also on the android app, going back from viewing the hx853 owners thread for example using the back arrow, takes you out of the led/lcd section altogether! It's a pain. I think does it on every sub forum, it goes back two steps instead of one.

You'll be glad to hear that we are working to improve the functionality at the moment.

You don't need Contrast set to 100, I found 80 was bright enough for my room but everyone's viewing environment will be different and these are just suggested settings.

Im just curious as you clearly are a more qualified calibrator than I am! If you can increase contrast without negative side effects, why would you not want to maximize contrast, but decrease backlight, to achieve the same level of light output?

You could take that approach but without measuring you have no way of checking that the TV isn't running out of energy in one of the primaries when the Contrast is maxed out, so for general settings that anyone can copy I would always play it safe and use a 75-80% Contrast setting.

Last edited:
I see, I use an i1D3 and CalMAN, but see your point for generalizability.

Can I use these settings to watch sports?? Also for the settings under picture options, for film mode, I don't have the choice for "on", it's either Auto1 or Auto2.

Yes you can use these settings for sports if you like. Sorry the Film Mode setting should be Auto2, I'll correct that.

Hello,

I use at my Samsung 55F8090 the BD Player Oppo BDP 103EU.
But the "HDMI Black Level" is not active or activatable !

At my Oppo i have activated the 4:4:4 Y'CbCr option. Have i to setup at the Samsung the colour space "auto" or "custom" ?

:lease: Help me

Best regeards from Germany
t3

Sorry for the bad english !!!!!!!!!!!!

If HDMI Black Level is not an option then don't worry, that means it has set correctly automatically. If you plan on trying the Colour Space settings recommended in this thread then you need to select Custom, if not I find that Auto is quite accurate.

I have the Oppo BDP 103EU.
In the HDMI Options i can choose between YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:4:4.
What is better when i watch Blu-Ray's on the Samsung 55F8090 (German Model)

Best Regards

tool03

You can use either but I doubt you'll see any difference. Why don't you try both and see if you can see any difference.

So you're connected via HDMI and you've selected the Movie Picture Mode but you can't access the controls I list above? What are you connecting to your F8000?

sorry steve. i have posted this by accident. for some reason the same thing has been posted on 4 different posts. i currently have a ue46f6500. i will delete my previous post .
apologises

Hi Steve,
many thanks for providing this recommended best settings chart!
I use this setting with my (UE55F8580STXZG)
i´m actually very happy, but is there any new recommendation especially with newer FW Vers. (1118)???

thx & Greetings
Thomas

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom